Flowing Thought (+mana) Cap?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Jenarie, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Jenarie Elder

It seems that almost every piece of gear has +mana on it and I'm wondering if there is still a cap. I have FT augs and I'm not sure if it would be useful still to use them or not.

How does mana regen work now days?

All the clickies on gear - assuming there is still a difference does that get counted as spell regen or worn regen?

Returned about a month ago and leveled from 75 to 81 then jumped to 85 with the heroic thing mainly for the gear upgrades but am finding myself at a loss when it comes to knowing what the best upgrade would be especially when I removed all my augs out of old gear and starting rethinking what to use.
  2. Yther Augur

Jenarie likes this.
  3. Jenarie Elder

Thank you! That was exactly what I was hoping to find! :)
  4. moogs Augur

Like Yther said, the cap on worn mana regen (old name was Flowing Thought) is still 15. You can boost the cap with Mental Clarity and Expansive Mind AAs.

Supposedly, you can also boost this soft cap a little bit more with gear that has Clairvoyance and Heroic Intelligence/Wisdom but the formula for how this works is pretty opaque.

Buffs, songs, clicky effects are completely separate from the worn mana regen cap.
  5. Yther Augur

I just wanted to clarify a bit. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Mental_Clarity increases innate mana regen and doesn't count as Worn, but will give you more overall. Same with Heroic Int/Wis depending on which type of caster / class you are.

- Heroic Intelligence: Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen an int-based caster can have. It requires +25 heroic intel to gain a single point of +mana regeneration.
    - Hero Wisdom: Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a wis-based caster can have.

Yther Ore.
    Jenarie and moogs like this.