Flight of Eagles fading early and randomly off of SK

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eviara, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Eviara Journeyman

OK, so, this one's a weird one that I don't have a lot of details for. I 3-box a druid, ench, and SK on Ragefire, and for reasons I don't understand, the SK keeps losing Flight of Eagles at random while the other two have loads of time left on their buffs. I thought it was being overwritten mid-combat, but it's not -- it'll drop as I'm running somewhere, just out of the blue, with no warning that it's fading (usually there's a few messages preceding it fading when it happens naturally).

One instance of this issue just happened as follows. I buffed up in PoK and went AFK there for around 15 min, then ported to Undershore and ran to Corathus Creep. I was about halfway to Lichen Creep when FoE faded without warning from the SK. The other two characters had about 2 hours left on their FoEs, so the SK should've had similiar had it not dropped. In my combat log, nothing seems to coincide with it fading, it just fades. I'm not casting anything at the time, wasn't in combat, just running through a zone.

I hate to post with so few details, but it keeps happening and I'm confounded. Has anybody else noticed this happening?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Spells with levitation effects (Flight of Eagles is one) seem to have a bug with them randomly disappearing from your buffs.

This appears very random and usually only affects some characters. As a result, I have not bug reported it as I have nothing that would point Darkpaw toward trying to investigate.
  3. Eviara Journeyman

I've noticed Spirit of Tala`Tak fading early now on my SK and bard, which doesn't have a levitate component. It does seem to be specific characters affected, and I'm very annoyed that my two melee characters are unable to keep hold of this +ATK runspeed buff. :( I was just rebuffing in PoK before an anniversary mission and noticed Tala`Tak fading on my bard, frequently about a minute or less after I cast it on her. Buffs shouldn't fade in PoK at all, so something's very amiss here. I don't see anything else happening concurrently with the buff fading, so it doesn't seem to be anything conflicting in any way that I can see. After 5 casts and subsequent fades, it seemed to stick properly and not fade, at least long enough to zone into the mission.

I hate that it's been well over a year since my initial post and this is literally all the info I have gathered, but that's what I've got: runspeed buffs seem to fade at random from certain characters, even in zones where buffs shouldn't fade. What a weird bug.