Flaming sword of Xuzl - make swarm pet ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dannynine, Feb 28, 2021.

1. kizant Augur

About 1/4 of all the damage lines in my log file from raids are from swarm pets. It probably would be good to consolidate that some.
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Cranky wizard. The devs need to give wizards some loving theres a reason i retired this char to the baz and mainly play my ranger.

Andarriel
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why we are not mages, we are not a pet class. Leave my sword alone!

It is something you cast and forget about, think of it as a long term dot. Something that doesn't need to be recast every 12 seconds.

It does not need changing, it is nice to have something that is unique to wizzys. Heaven knows they farmed out just about everything else we had that was unique that didn't get nerfed to oblivion.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Personally, I think they should make it immune to damage-shields and up the damage a little.

I also view it as a "fire and forget"-dot, but there are too many fights where it just poofs immediately.
  5. kizant Augur

It's better just to forget the spell exists.
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends what your doing, I like to see how many times in emote missions we can get *ERROR*
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I didn't read any of this, because I don't need to. All swarm pets should be eliminated from the game. No class should be able to summon a second temporary pet more than mere moments before the old one goes poof. The only exception being abilities that overlap, like ENC doppleganger+spire+phantasmal opponents, but even then, each ability should summon 1 pet, not multiples, like how spire makes 3.
  8. Zarkdon Augur

Swarm pets are irritating. I wish they would ditch them and just buff my warder.

Just one more thing to click.
  9. Tucoh Augur

DPG should delete 75% of the swarm pets and procs in the game.