Fixing the exp code is very cool but...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montag, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Montag Augur

Can we finally get the human exp bonus that was accidentally assigned to halflings put on humans? I mean it's basically a 20 year old typo that radically affected the race choices of probably hundreds of thousands of characters. Humans are supposed to be plentiful and they're rare.

Also, could use that same code to give the bonus back to warriors and rogues. Maybe as an automatic AA at level one.

And I don't play a human, warrior or rogue so I'm not asking for my own benefit. But I think it would be better for the game.
  2. Derd Augur

From what i understand the reason they are removing bonuses is to clean up code. So i wouldn't hold your breath on them adding new ones.
    Barton likes this.
  3. Bobokin Augur

I don't recall this code breaking the game or crashing zones.

This isn't just cleaning up code; it is a nerf to warriors, rogues, and Halflings.

While I do agree Humans should have been given the bonus long ago, I would not take it away from Halflings after 20 years.

Warriors and rogues were given a small bonus for a reason: they removed the experience penalty from hybrids. Warriors and rogues are group classes, and SOE wanted to make sure they were played.

I guess they will be giving warriors and rogues a spell line now since they are treated the same as hybrids when it comes to experience. If not, then a LoD type AA would help make up for this.
    Montag likes this.
  4. Derd Augur

I don't think anyone said there was game breaking or zone crashing. What it is Is making every Class every race Gain experience At the same rate. Removing any code that had to calculate rates for different classes or races. You don't want to think It's a good idea they obviously Do. You want to call It A Nerf, Go ahead I don't think it's going to change anything.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

This wasn't broken. It was a design change. It was also a nerf. Those are not opinions, those are objective observations.

Whether it matters or not is a matter of opinion. Personally, I am far more concerned with how they spend their time (my money), and why any resources were spent on this as opposed to fixing any of the open bugs in their issue tracker.
    Montag and Bobokin like this.
  6. Bobokin Augur

It is a nerf. There is no other way to put it.

If it changes anything or not, we certainly feel that voicing our displeasure in the official community forums is appropriate. Feedback can be positive or negative but still be constructive.
  7. Montag Augur

The fact that don't don't recognize this is indisputably a nerf discredits anything else you might have to say.
  8. Horyuken Augur

Montag the forum-quest is strong with you!
  9. Montag Augur

Is that good or bad :)?
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Probably only reason there doing this is because there coming out with a couple new servers.

Andarriel
  11. Ceffener Augur

Possible they are trying to remove old math based around integer values so we can finally get rid of the PP cap in bazaar. Not that TLPs would care, but live does.