Fishy Fingers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Nov 21, 2014.

1. silku Augur

What is the logic behind having a quest where you have to clear a room, then click an item to spawn a mob from an 'object' in the room (which the object then despawns and you have to wait for a respawn), and then kill the mob to loot the quest item...

Yet the quest item doesn't always drop from the mob you spawned just for the quest?

I mean you're fertilizing endless fungus... you're killing endless fungus.. but somehow you don't loot endless fungus?
  2. Bahdah Augur

omg really? complaints everywhere ! just keep trucking !
  3. sojuu Augur

I dunno I didnt mind the quest and didnt take a ton of time either. Is it really that bad to clear a couple mobs and fertilize a plant? Then find another and repeat. May have been easier for me as I am a monk but I sat my box with wife in the 4 way split tunnle. Cleared 2 spawns and did entire quest by spawning and triggering the plants across the zone pulling em to group. To an entire extra spawn of the 2 mobs we had to clear and we were done for 3 characters. I understand others may need to clear a few more with different setups but is it really that bad?
  4. silku Augur

Maybe my RNG was super bad. I killed 8 and only got 2 drops.
  5. sojuu Augur

Oh wow i dunno about that then, I was getting drops on every mob. Maybe I was getting really lucky then on it.
  6. silku Augur

Yeah if every mob that I spawned dropped it I'd have been fine with it, or even every other mob. It was just a pain to clear literally 5 rooms, then only have 2 drops and have to go back to do it again.
  7. sojuu Augur

Not sure on your setup for classes for it, but you know they dont agro animals right? May help some. And not sure how true it is but I have heard rumor more people in your group for alot of these quests the more likely drops are to happen, may have played a role for me too since I like to get everyones evenly keeping max amount of people on the quest step entire time.
    silku likes this.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

When I did this quest, only the first sporali did not drop the quest piece. It instead dropped a spell, so I couldn't complain about that. I noticed that the endless fungus did not disappear when I spawned the first sporali, so that may be an indicator for whether the sporali will have the quest piece or not. I was surprised to find that the endless fungus disappears at all, what with "endless" being in the name.

You won't have to clear the room if you do this quest with a Druid or Ranger's assistance, since animals do not aggro on them. Just make sure you complete your loots before they do, because the fertilizer only works for somebody who is on the correct step of the quest.
    silku likes this.
  9. roguerunner Augur

I thought the RNG for the fish kills was godawful