Finishing Blow AA

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Helrazor, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Helrazor Augur

How many of you have it and do you think it's worth having? I have heard 2 schools of thought.
  2. Agrippa Augur

I thought it was well worth it and didn't mind buying new ranks each release when it worked on current content. They've nerfed it back to only working on trivial content and, while I think it's worth a high cost one time investment, I think it's lame to have to upgrade each release just to finish greys off with it.
  3. Helrazor Augur

Be nice if they refunded those aa's after nerfing them. You don';t sound impressed with it in it;s current state.
  4. Hiby Journeyman

The truth is this is no longer of any value to speak of, it needs to be fixed as well as many other Warrior skills do, Warriors are no where near the other tanks in any way(group wise) Tanking, DPS, pulling, or utility.
    Warriors have been left behind.
  5. Tearsin Rain Augur

they weren't 'nerfed', the line was just obsoleted so that at any given time the level cap to which you can DB a mob is not as close to the current player level cap as it used to be.

anyways, the line has always been of dubious value since in order for DB to be able to kick in the mob has to be at 20% health or lower, and it has to be actively fleeing you (as in, it doesn't work on mobs that are standing there continuing to hit you).
  6. Tearsin Rain Augur

these are both completely false, by the way.
  7. TalaelcaranBB New Member

20% and fleeing? I have it work on non-fleeing mobs below 10% now (Everything in PoFire for example and nothing there flees).
    Sinestra and silku like this.
  8. Tearsin Rain Augur

well, then perhaps i'm mistaken - the AA description and the original implementation had it only work on fleeing mobs.
    as an SK and thus with a very low swing rate i practically never see this go off, so i won't claim to be any kind of authority on its mechanics as they stand in game.
  9. Viltaire Augur

It was changed. The mob no longer has to be fleeing and I believe it doesn't even kick in until 10%. Before it was changed the mob had to be fleeing and under 20% health.
    Sinestra, Reprisal and silku like this.
  10. Lighteningrod Augur

It was changed to 10% and the flee component was removed relatively recently (in relation to how long the AA line has been around), perhaps the last 3 to 6 months?
  11. Ragnard Elder

I run a small box group and have maxed this AA on my SK, but not on my other characters. It has increased the rate that mortal coil procs on group content tremendously while I'm grinding xp since the SK gets a much larger portion of deathblows than he used to. It really helps on my healer's mana levels and lets me chain pull for longer periods of time.

Your mileage may vary, but in my specific situation it was well worth the investment. If you have a dual wielding melee class with finishing blow maxed or a wizard sniping deathblows, it will probably be pretty useless.
  12. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Dual wielding melee classes do have an ability that synergizes with Finishing Blow. Killing Spree gives you a small amount of endurance back and increases your damage output by a % amount for the next 30 seconds if you kill a creature. Pretty sure all the endurance using classes get this, it's an Archetype AA.

As a Warrior, Finishing Blow is helpful for doing daily quests, grinding out lower level mobs for XP, because it assists with our crappy DPS. Also because runners means adds, and Call of Challenge gets resisted most of the time.
  13. Aghinem Augur

Finish Blow although expensive toward the end is absolutely wonderful. Ever since they made the change that it has a chance to proc even if the mob is not in retreat just made it that much better. Especially for mobs in VoA that have an average of 2 million HP. That last 10% that you nail them with saves you time. I actually hope they create an extension of FB to work on mobs up to level 99.
  14. fransisco Augur

its great for leveling, but only then. Once you get to max level, it stops getting upgrades.
    It was never nerfed. It simply stops being useful after a certain level
  15. Aghinem Augur

That is untrue my friend. The original mechanic of Finishing Blow was to only proc when a mob was fleeing. Now it procs even if the mob isn't running. The only flaw to this AA is the level cap needs to be raised from 94 to 99 to be current with content.
  16. fransisco Augur

Sure, back in Luclin it was only for fleeing mobs, like 13 years ago. But in any recent time frame, its worked on non-fleeing mobs.
    And that doesn't actually change what I've said. Its great for leveling, and it doesn't have a use at current level because the Devs said they don't want to upgrade it anymore.

The proper way to disagree is without lying or attacking the poster
  17. Lighteningrod Augur

That's ridiculous. It's not any less useful at max level than it is while one is leveling. Those levels one is "leveling" through used to be max level at one point also. It's always been capped below the current max level. It's a very useful AA for light blue mobs.
  18. Aghinem Augur

When did I ever attack you? I just basically said what you stated was untrue about it not being useful. I don't know about you, but I don't like having to sit around DPSing the last 10-15% of a mob if its going to die. I like doing a quick kill to move onto the next. I never attacked you though. I simply gave a thoughtful retort.