Finally Time for Illusions on Mounts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gorehammer, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Yep. With mounts receiving an overhaul in TDS and now the illusion key ring, I think it's definitely time to make most illusions work while riding a mount.

I'm not a programmer, but I imagine each illusion references a preexisting set of animations for some things. To my knowledge, the only current non-PC model capable of mount use is Skeleton illusion. Though I suppose it's possible the skeleton has its own animations; I'd have to test horseback archery animations to see, and I'm too lazy for that.

Simply put, I would like to see most illusions be mount-usable, with logic preventing a number of other ones from doing so (aka Flying Dragon illusion). But the Bokon illusion and cloaked Bertox marketplace guy, for example, seem to be a copies of Drakkin's animations and sound effects, so I'm curious how easy it would be to allow the mount animations to be cloned as well.

I would very much appreciate a Dev's thoughts on the feasibility of this. Thank you.
    Faana likes this.
  2. Tyraxor Augur

I find it confusing how often illusions are a topic these days, it used to be fun when you actually needed a Chanter to get them but now it strikes me as a poor replacement for more real content.
    Or for real rewards, when i look at that beta mask. Who has enough of this Halloween Party already?
    I'm sorry Gorehammer, but don't give them ideas to waste more of their already precious time.
    Faana likes this.