Final Fugue: Speed Limit (Raid)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by solleck, Mar 18, 2024.

1. solleck New Member

Margator the Slow
    She starts with a very slow attack speed, but gains speed over time. If allowed to gather enough speed she will impart that speed
    to her allies and start over. However, the Tertiary Shockwave can cause here to falter in her acceleration

This doesn't work, Margator speeds up and the achievement fails before tertiary shockwave is even cast. This achievement is obtainable but the way to obtain it is, "do enough dps to skip the mechanics."
    Syylke_EMarr, Ankarv, Kiras and 2 others like this.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Something has been out of whack on this one since beta, in my opinion.
    Possible Scenario 1: The achievement description text is incorrect and that you do want him to speed up. (in other words, that the achievement is to do it "wrong").

Possible Scenario 2:
    its just broken in a timing sequence.
    last night i purposely had people stand in the shockwaves so i'd be able to see their timing.

03/17/24 06:52:50 PM Margator's battle chant speeds up and he begins to move faster than ever.
    >> Margator begins his speed shenanigans.
    03/17/24 06:53:10 PM You have taken 348390 damage from by Primary Shockwave.
    >> Primary shockwave happens 20 seconds later on the nose.
    03/17/24 06:53:20 PM Margator stops his chanting and slows himself down, sending his speed to his allies with a shout. You have failed the Speed Limit achievement.
    03/17/24 06:53:20 PM Veselchak has taken 376703 damage from Secondary Shockwave by .
    >> At the 30 second mark past the speed up, you can see that he already fails speed limit check, but Tertiary has not happened until after this - the fail message comes with the Secondary aura appearance. So, if we are truly intended to put him in tertiary, it is impossible as the fail precedes the appearance of the aura.

Possible Scenario 3:
    Absors writeup was wrong, or the intention changed during the course of beta, and the achievement wasn't adjusted.

Possible Scenario 4:
    Our interpretation of absor's notes are incorrect.

For those who need:

It is possible to get the achievement by simply burning him to the ground without putting him in the other aura, and allow Darga's hammer to continue to hit him, but that is contra-indicated by absors original notes indicating you were supposed to limit his acceleration/slow him down via the tertiary shockwave.
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Drakang Augur

From the group mission you can stop him from speeding up by hitting him with a snare when you see the emote "Margator's battle chant speeds up and he begins to move faster than ever." This implies that in the raid you can hit Margator with a large number of snares to stop the speed up like it takes multiple stuns to make Kar drop his shield. However even with a large focus on getting numerous snares cast on that emote we have been unable to stop the speed up. Not sure if the number of snares needed is excessively large or if that is not working.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

We tried in one of our guilds, 64m DPS wasn't enough to do this achievement. I guess "stop being newbs" is the only way to get the aug and max necklace this year.
  5. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

So this raid has 2 bugs, a completely unobtainable achievement and high dps check bugged achieve.
    Sure would be nice to get these fixed to finish Vanquisher.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

The DPS check to get the achievement is far from ROI level dps. He should take ~60 seconds to kill for an average guild, most DPS classes can easily pump out 2-10M dps over 60 seconds. If even half your raid is DPS classes, you should be well over 100 mil DPS for a single burn mob.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

You assume all raids have 54 players.
    65mil DPS was not enough to conquer the achievement last week in a smaller guild.

Also, the comparison should be SR level DPS now, right?
  8. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Well I could go down the path of it took SR 116 minutes and 41 seconds to beat the expansion while ROI beat it in 113 minutes 34 seconds but those are more a measure of zoning time than DPS ... but that would all be off topic.

Either way, unless Absor adjusts the event you will have to find a way to do more DPS. It's not that far out of reach.
  9. Lianeb Augur

10. Drakang Augur

I dont think it's supposed to be a DPS check. You should be able to get it based on Darga's AEs as Adetia indicated or by casting enough of the right spell on him at the final power up.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

How small a raid do you think a dps check should be designed for? 50? 45? 20?
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's fairly obvious from the emotes that this is not intended to be a "kill it before it happens" achievement.

Yes, I have the achievement. Yes, I still think it should be fixed to work properly.
    Yinla, adetia, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lianeb Augur

While the emote doesn't seem to work, it looks like (from my logs) you need about 52Mil dps to kill him, if you are doing the Firethorn Rune aura correctly.
    6Bil HP
    140s till emote
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

I agree they need to fix the mechanic that isnt working. But disagree that there is intended to be only one way to success. When they dont want you to be able to dps past a mechanic they have ways of designing that. They could make the thing happen on a % instead of a timer. They could also make him immune to death until you do the mechanic or fail to. They chose to allow hard dps as an alternate means.
    alanus likes this.
  15. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

We got it yesterday with 87million DPS in 92 seconds, we had Firethorn leash and get a rune off also so it was 8 billion HP