Fiery Defender Graphic

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rigur, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Rigur New Member

2. Thraine Augur

it looks to me like they staggered the flames to make it look more like fire and less like crappy 1990s graphics
  3. Rigur New Member

4. Thraine Augur

when the fire is lined up like that perfectly it creates a pattern which you never see in real fire. i think they were trying to make the fire seem more random ... you know, like fire is.

Or who knows, maybe its some kinda bug in the graphics, i would say they just improved it to give the appearance of actual fire instead of it being this very apparent pattern much like a 1987 super mario bros back ground lol
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

I think you may be just looking at the wrong angle. Due to the way the particles line up and orient up the positive Z axis, it looks different depending on the angle you are holding it. Not sure it has actually ever changed from what I have ever seen.

Of course, soulfire graphic looks better anyway! Epic ornaments ftw.
  6. Triconix Augur

I'm confused. Fiery Defender is the pally Epic. How can you say Soulfire looks better then say epic ornaments ftw?
  7. Brohg Augur

Paladins have Soulfire ornament packaged with their epic1 from An Epic Request, I believe.