Field of Bones Rares

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheebea, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Sheebea Augur

Would somebody please remind the Rares that spawn rate is doubled? LOL. Of all the Hunter's, FoB is the most frustrating to me. And yeah, I've spawned em in the past on a Main. Don't make it n e easier tho.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Double a microscopic chance of spawning is still a microscopic chaince of spawning. "Increased rare spawns" is one of the biggest cons Daybreak runs on players.

The better mechanic would be to cut respawn times of the placeholders by half or more.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This is what I was going to post. You're not going to find South Karana, North Ro, Field of Bone, or other zones like that popping out rares because of a double rare day. Doubling 0.01% chance gets you only a 0.02%. It isn't worth it. Do it in a more modern zone where named have something like a 20% chance to spawn, you'll notice it right away.
  4. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

It's been my experience in trying to spawn rares that mass zone slaughter seems to help for whatever reason...and sacrificing an assling druid to your deity doesn't hurt either
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It depends on the zone. In South Karana, if you want Quillmane, there is a very easy and time tested method to spawning it, that only requires killing a few mobs (and tracking) until you find the placeholder spawn. Mass slaughter there won't work because the zone is just too big and Quillmane doesn't spawn at every single spawn point. Same for Dunedigger in North Ro, you'd be wasting a lot of time by killing mobs that he doesn't share a spawn table with.

Speaking of Dunedigger, WTB a Scute Shield for a silly price on Xegony.
  6. Sheebea Augur

yeah, I know .02 chance is not much to go on. I need 2 rare in Fob. I have Dundigger thanks to Bobby Bik (Yea). I have Xorbb too. You'd be danm sure I kept what they dropped for a trophy. So mass kill is best, tho I have the spawn points marked, and pathing remembered. Been a few years.
    I need that darn Aviak and a Centaur to finish S. Karana. I see repops of the other rares too often. But that's EQ. ya see the one u don't need all the time! N e way, round #218 to clearing FoB
    Bobbybick likes this.
  7. Knifen Augur

And all of that only starts taking into effect once you found the one actual ph
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Rares in this zone is super rare reason i havent finished there yet actually have yet to spawn just one rare.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea works good if only one in zone by the time i finished hunter in south karana ive have killed quil like 35 times and before i started i thought it be the toughest rare to spawn but its actually easy. Think dune took me like 4 or 5 hrs of mass killing.
  10. Trebla7th Augur

Field of Bone rares were confirmed (at least some were confirmed, all seem to follow the same pattern) at 1% spawn rate from a single PH each on 5 minute respawn. If you can't track, then mass killing is probably your only hope. If you can track, then mass killing to find the PH will be far less frustrating, but that still means that if you spend roughly 10 hours (100 PHs) you only have ~65% chance of getting the named... with double rares, that jumps to ~87%. That said, some PHs are much easier to find than others, Iksar Dakoit always paths through a certain spot, so you could sit there and easily grab the PH when it spawns, whereas the others have patterns, they're harder to pinpoint.

It looks like you already know all this, and are just venting... but just in case :)

I'm personally unaware of any rares that have a confirmed spawn rate less than 1% as Act of Valor suggests above, though it's possible he means 0.01 chance (1%) instead of 0.01% chance.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It was a made up number, I just used it as an example of a pretty small chance.
    Trebla7th likes this.
  12. Trebla7th Augur

That's completely fair, I understand the hyperbole. I was just clarifying in case it wasn't clear.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah for FOB your best bet to find the PHs is to round up everything in the area they spawn and AOE them. All the non-PH trash will repop in around 6-12 seconds but the rare PHs take around 4min 50s so track at that point and you'll find them.
  14. Sheebea Augur

Thanks Master. Been there a few hrs a day, bout last 4 days. Been there off n on over weeks looking. Still looking.:mad:.
    I did take down Iksar Dakoit four days ago. But now I see NO CREDIT! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. CS will not correct this, from past experience. So what r the dynamics here? I cast a nuke(115 druid) Cast take Forever! So I believe Iskar died fron my damage shield. No credit if they die that way?? And I have learned that a SHD will NOT get kill credit if I dot and FD. BAH!
    Takes So damn long to spawn, and get nothing
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I assume you're way over-leveled for the mobs you're hunting. If that's the case, anytime you do that, >>remove all damage shields<<. Always, every time. Because, yes, if the mob dies to the DS before you have a chance to do melee or spell damage, the corpse instantly poofs, and it does not count as a kill.
    Sheebea and Nennius like this.
  16. Sheebea Augur

Just to follow up, I never did get those named to spawn. :(
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I tried with double rares and nada what a stupid zone!
  18. Trebla7th Augur

During Kunark/Velious era on Aradune, I spent multiple (maybe 10-15) 6+ hour days in Field of Bone looking for these. And that's after getting Scourgetail Scorpion and the scaled wolf one randomly by finding them on track while passing through the zone. Burynai Cutter took me easily 200 PHs (that I identified as definitely the PH) before I finally got him.

That said, these are completely optional and provide no reward whatsoever beyond the satisfaction of completion. Arguably Carrion Queen drops the best DR leg slot item in the game up to Kunark, I suppose you could make that case. But other than those legs, the rarity seems reasonable. Not everyone is expected to see these monsters/get this achievement.
    Sheebea likes this.
  19. Sheebea Augur

"Takes So damn long to spawn, and get nothing"
    Lol, I pasted something in that spot. I cut it and resized it down in Word Pad.
    That sentence must had enlarged in that spot. I just left it large. No real meaning, I was just lazy to change it.:rolleyes:
    Andarriel likes this.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea lol sometimes you copy and paste it comes out big or when i copy and paste something from zam usually the background is in a color that makes it hard to read.
    Sheebea likes this.