QA In Progress Fenith - The Ledge: NPC giving a specific character the wrong quest

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Agrippa, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Agrippa Augur

Good day! I've submitted a CS ticket for this and was given an automated response to submit the bug here and my ticket was closed. One of my characters is trying to get Fenith, in Blackfeather Roost, to give The Ledge quest. Instead, Fenith is giving this character Ashrana - Reach the Royal Throne quest. The character in question cannot complete any progression in Blackfeather Roost without assistance.

In requesting the Reach the Royal Throne quest, the character did receive Fenith's Griffon Treat Kit, as The Ledge quest would normally give. He was able to make a Griffon Treat, as The Ledge would require. However, not having the correct quest, he is unable to turn the Treat into the Griffon to progress The Ledge.

Possible reasons: The character in question was restarted completely using the same name as another character. Doubtful, but it's possible that my previous character had progressed up to the Reach the Royal Throne quest in Blackfeather Roost. More likely, perhap, is that I had just completed up to the Reach the Royal Throne quest with another character.

This is something that I can not fix through my own efforts. The character has the Griffon Treat needed to complete The Ledge quest in his inventory. He also has the quest items needed to recreate it, but he cannot get the NPC go give him the correct quest. Additional customer support is needed here. Thank you.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds really confused. But Fenith does not give Ashrana Reach the Royal Throne quest. Ashrana does. And that one does not require a treat kit. Ashrana is way up on island #6

Fenith will give you a second Kit and that is for Travel to the Harpy Grove

There were reports of this similar issue where the quest givers were confused but it appeared to fix itself.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/blackfeather-roost-quest-npcs-bugged.277387/

So at this point - look at your achievements and which show as finished? Its under "Progression" achievement under the "Hero's Journey" tab
  3. Agrippa Augur

I had the same bug occur with another character today. It might be worth noting that both of the characters to see this happen were under 50th level. I didn't try testing other levels, but I was able to get the correct quest with today's character at 54th level.