Fellowships - Why is there a lockout timer?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RandyLahey, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Do you even READ what your saying ?

You seriously think having the ability already to have 48 hrs of double xp.. (then.. using your normal potions) is not that big of a deal ? You clearly are biased in this discussion.

Camp wise. Xalgoz camp in Sathir's tomb.. is not reachable in ten minutes with out a Coh to the zone line ..

Whats your Main's name, what server an which guild ?
  2. Whulfgar Augur

I truly do not think you understand at all how Vitality works in fellowship sharing .. Otherwise you would not have said that.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I don't follow, how would that be abused if there wasnt a fellowship timer?
  4. Whulfgar Augur

up to 5x normal xp (not double like potions) 3x AA xp (again not double like potions) .. once your done running that in one fellowship..

Dropping / rejoining another Fellowship ..

Click sharing ..

up to 5x normal xp .. or 3x AA xp per kill for duration..

dropping / rejoining another fellowship..

Click sharing ..

up to 5x normal xp .. or 3x AA xp per kill for duration..

on .. an on .. an on .. an on ..

EDIT: But thats not game breaking right ?
  5. Whulfgar Augur

With the rejoining other fellowship timer .. That break's that very .. basic way to completely abuse that sharing vitality tactic.. (As it should)
  6. Buri Augur

It'd be fun to put that to the test.. I think I could do it alone in about 5 minutes. But then, I'm a bard who's made that run dozens of times. Even with a group, it's just 2 golem kills and double invis.
    That said, I do still have a mage parked at that zoneline, simply because I haven't needed him anywhere else yet.
  7. Daedly Augur

Maybe I don't understand how vitality works, but it has been my experience that your scenario would not work. What would happen would be that that after they used their vitality and switched to a different fellowship, they would have to wait for it to build back up again. Which, in practice would be same thing you would have to do if you never switched in the first place.
    Unless I have been doing it wrong, in which case I need to change what I am doing.
    Funk likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

If you do put that to the test with a full grp Video it an lets see it. Being a bard you CLEARLY should be able to do it if anyone can (outside of course cheating mages coh =P)
  9. Whulfgar Augur

instead of experience being directly applied to Fellowship members, this experience shared will go into a bank (specific to each member) called Vitality. So If Player A is earning 1000 experience per kill, and is sharing with Player B, C, and D, then players B, C, and D will each be receiving 250 exp per kill into their individual Vitality banks.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

addition, when a member of a Fellowship has reached the maximum limit of Vitality experience, Fellowship Experience Sharing will be automatically toggled off for them. The current limit on Vitality experience is enough regular experience to gain 10 levels or enough AA experience to take the player to their AA cap. Vitality experience does not expire, and is permanent (until used).
  11. Funk Augur

I don't use that vitality, I only use fellowship for travel convenience. But I also would like to see this vitality stuff put to the test. Last time I ever got any it went away so fast I didn't even notice, especially on AA side. So your 48 hours of double XP seems like a real stretch. I don't believe you.

And from the entrance of Howling Stones, as a monk main on FV with my bard and warrior in tow I mez golems, pop dual invis and walk straight to ST zoneline. Less than 10 min from me zoning from guildhall I'm in ST at any camp.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If camps are so easy to get to why do you want a change to fellowships? If everything is so easy to get to and thats all you want fellowships for then it doesn't sound like it would be worth the devs time to change anything.
  13. Funk Augur

Because it was added to the game for convenience. It's not convenient to run all characters to every camp.

And I didn't start the thread. The timer thing really doesn't affect me as I don't drop and move fellowships very often.

You can change fellowships once per day as is stands.... so the question is how can more than once per day really be game breaking? It isn't.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Video it .. Post it..

I don't believe you.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Anyone can say anything.. with out merit or anything of the nature. But to actually step up an show you doing it with a FULL grp as was the condition..

Video it an post it. PROVE.. you can do it as per your "claim"
  16. Funk Augur

Lmao dude I'm not going to post a video to prove I can mez 2 golems and hit double invis on my bard and run to ST with no agro. If you can't grasp how easy that is I'm not sure what else to say.

Tell ya what, you post a video of your 48 hours of 5x XP from one vitality bank (Cause that's complete horse hockey) And I'll post a video of me running from HS entrance to ST in 5min.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Good you first. I asked first.
    Funk likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

After reading this the only thing I am sure of is that one of us fundamentally misunderstands how vitality works and I don't know who it is.

My understanding is that regardless of what fellowship you're in, you'll gain vitality when that fellowship kills mobs and sharing is on, and you'll deplete that vitality when you kill mobs and exchange the vitality for xp.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

20. Whulfgar Augur

post 29 / 30. Came right from the dev's. When they last changed it to its current form. Alls I did was copy / paste ..