Fellowship revamp or improvement devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Faidaen, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Hello,

I came back to the game after a long much needed break to find the changes to fellowship sharing or non-sharing. My question/problem is I have tried the new “fellowship” experience sharing, and I honestly cannot tell a difference between them. I have shared on my shm for example to my sk that is logged out, and 30aa’s seems to take just as long before as it did without sharing experience gained. I was grinding decent mobs in grounds (hot zone) for a few hours, the green vitality bar for adventure exp and aa exp was there; however, the gains never improved experience received. I understand there’s a 15-30 minute upload to the fellowship for receiving the shared experience. My issue is so far in the 10 hours of experience of grinding into the fellowship I feel there’s no benefit received. The downfall is my shm receives less experience which is going to what?

I would hope that SoE developers come up with a better way to handle the fellowship experience. I know the old way was a bit “op” but it worked, and I was happy helping my lower level toons and friends (returning to the game because of fellowship experience) gain some aa or levels. I am asking for a possible revamp to make the fellowship a bit more useful? Or see actual gains through you gained X more experience because of fellowship vitality something that gives visual details to these gains.

Thank you,

Faidaen.
  2. Daegun Augur

As someone who has used FS to not only PL same account alts and keep other alts up to snuff when my main has long since been out of good aa to buy, maybe I can clarify it. It does work. It works well, but there are some drawbacks and limitations.

-aa vitality can only be stored up to whatever max you can bank. At 100 this is 70aa but it includes all unspent aa you currently have. If you have 50 unspent aa, you can only bank 20aa worth. If you have none unspent you can bank 70.

-regular xp is also limited. At low levels you can bank up to 10 levels worth in a full bar. This goes down as you get closer to 100.

-through trial and error I discovered that you can't bank any vitality if you're 100% into cap level. I keep my level 100s with less aa at around 98% to still bank aa vitality.

-every toon that has sharing turned on shares that xp with all who have it turned on. Whatever 'cut' you would have received either solo or group is evenly divided with all who have it turned on.

-regardless of how much you have set to aa vs reg xp, you will drain vitality from both.

-if you have share turned on while burning your vitality, you share that extra xp right back and might not see a big jump in xp gains.

Those are the basics. What I do is turn share on when I'm playing my developed toons and turn it off for the receiver when playing the PLee. Xp jump is very noticable. Aa's are gained twice as fast as vitality is used. Regular xp is like 5x. With capped vitality the aa's fly by at double rate. I can easily pull a 70aa lesson burn even on toons that aren't awesome at soloing (group or solo).

The limitations exist for 2 big reasons:
    -vitality so you can't just PL ad infinitum offline toons. Forces you to play them.
    -level caps decreasing for reg xp up to max so you can't bank an expansions worth of new levels prior to launch.

Sharing xp is useful for catching up weaker toons (either aa count or levels) but is intentionally designed to make rushing to a new level cap with a huge pre-stored advantage impossible.

It works - you just have to understand HOW it works.

My fellowship is just me and my alts across all accounts.
    Slithur and Fanra like this.
  3. Faidaen Lorekeeper

4. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Daegun,

I understand “how” Fellowship works. What I am saying is I do not see an actual bonus of vitality versus non-vitality due to sharing fellowship experience. My example is this all of my toons are in my fellowship. I will have my shm sharing and my sk sharing for example. While grinding exp for 10 hours or so, I noticed my sk does have vitality. While I am grinding with the shm my sk is logged out, once I log my SK in the next day with sharing toggled off now. I do not see any definitive bonus to my experience gain adventure/aa’s. Before the change to fellowship when my friends were playing; the would gain experience or aa through the older fellowship gains. However, they no longer play because being so far behind in levels/AA’s and the new method of fellowship isn’t easier on them because it doesn’t seem to be working.
  5. Daegun Augur

I've been using it for over a year now. It works as well yesterday as it did over a year ago. It took me a few weeks to learn all the ins and outs, but it works. I am not sure if vitality modifies lump xp for quest/task completion but it very very much works for xp gained from mob kills.

The problem seems to be user error on your end if you're seeing zero impact.
  6. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Thanks for the help on that Daegun great advice on user error on my end. I explained the situation, I would appreciate someone with more helpful information thanks.
  7. Tobynn Augur

Fellowship sharing is fairly useless for gaining AAs. Great for leveling.
  8. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Daegun, I am not being nasty. I just simply dislike the way you're directing yourself towards me. Please do not reply anymore. I am looking for positive replies and helpful knowledge. Thanks.
  9. Noirfu Augur

The system is incredibly annoying to use. The fact that maxed characters can't share is just dumb. (They show as "capped"). You have to purposely kill off your donating characters from time to time or they will stop sharing exp once they can no longer use it themselves.

We long ago requested the ability to "donate" and "receive" rather than just "share" and never got it.
    Sinestra and Faidaen like this.
  10. Daegun Augur

My capped characters have been able share xp within fellowship but not receive vitality from others.

Aa xp on my donating characters per group kill is 10% of an aa past 4000. It switches to 20% when I turn it off. My primary 3 have been 'capped' for a while and still build my vitality for those not capped.