Fellowship Question For Those That Box Multiple Toons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisandra, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Lisandra Augur

For those that have more than 12 toons, how do you make travel easier? I'm trying to formulate a plan to make it easier for me to get any toon out to where my group is as quickly as possible so that I can swap one out for another whenever I want to or the situation calls for it.

With the 12 toon limit on fellowships that can be a bit tricky at times. I do have 3 wizards & a druid in my army so that helps but I'm trying to be as efficient as possible & unfortunately the EQ team refuses to modernize fellowships to expand beyond 12 members or to make the buffs become 95+ focii.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Make a guild, plant a banner.
    Tiqou likes this.
  3. Tiqou Elder

But need 13 toons around to plant banner.
    They need to upgrade max fellowship members...while waiting for that you have to use a mix of multiple fellowship with port to wiz bind, coh, running, etc.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Sebbina Augur

Fellowship was originally 9, it won't matter how many are allowed in, some one will always want more. In my case when the Free HC were allowed per account at their introduction, I made 85 druids on each account, that along with the wizards and druids I leveled to be able to Telebind, lets me get a group to any of my preferred spots or as close as a bind or port will allow.
    Kucaniz and Lisandra like this.
  5. guado Augur

With all the nerfs to xp, and with fellowship vitality randomly disappearing for no good reason, I don't see a reason why Fellowships can't double from 12 to 24... I'd be willing to trade several things for this:

-Add a cast time to the fellowship gate: even 8 seconds would be acceptable.
    -Remove all vitality xp - no one uses it (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
    -Increase the cast-refresh of the fellowship gate to like 20 or 25 minutes if that will help double the current cap.
    -Platinum upkeep per day/week/month. Make it like 5000 plat (amount variable) per person over 12 members, with a cap of 24.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Not sure where you get 13 from. 12 guild members in the same general area is what you need to plant a guild banner. The one planting the banner must have banner add/remove privileges.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

No.
    I use fellowship xp and prefer instant cast
  8. Crystilla Augur

To the OP: Are you really playing more than 12 folks at the same time (aka you have 12+ accounts)? Or just want easy access to bring in someone from any account if loot drops?

• If you "need" more than 12 folks (aka you're playing 13+ at a time), not really sure I know anything that will help other than the usual response;
      • Take 1 porter and bind near where you want to go. Then gate back and grab a group of your characters and port them there. Finish running to the spot you really want and plant a fellowship (easiest if porter or mage is 1-2 of the chars) then just fellowship everyone else in. Once you get 12, put a banner down and bring more in.
    • If you just want easy access, the same works works as above but you don't need to place the banner. You can always easily swap fellowships quickly (player doesn't have to be in zone anymore) so log in the char you want to bring to the fellowship, make sure there's room in it, invite the player (fellowship leaders should be someone you would never swap out for ease) and then port them in. You can always drop them and readd the original drop'ee later.
  9. sojuu Augur

Remove one of the offline members in your accounts gate or log in the leader of the fellowship, invite the nonmember you want to port there and use the fire? Shouldnt take long that route.
  10. Savager Augur

Make 2 fellowships, put 3 characters from each FS in 1 group, run that one group around to wherever it is you want to go, then make 2 fires and port in everyone. Simple as that. If you have rogues/bards or characters with instant fade I'd put them in your main travel group since they can get around the easiest (along with your porter of course).
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Lisandra Augur

I doubt I'll ever have more than 12 online at once but what I was concerned with is only having the first 12 in the fellowship so anyone else would have to either run or be ported. I see that 2 fellowships & efficient use of guild banner is probably my best bet.

Thanks for the advice & Happy Holidays everyone.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

lol group is 6 peeps - 3 on one campfire add 6+ more -
    3 on a 2nd campfire add 6+ more
    now you have 9 + 9 = 18+ able to campfire in with two camp fires.

I am not sure of current limit.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't see a reason to increase the size of fellowships.... there will always be someone who wants it to be larger no matter what the size.