Fellowship member # increase

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SevrinSevendust, Mar 18, 2017.

1. SevrinSevendust Elder

Could we please increase the number of members allowed in a fellowship? Please and kindly?...seriously why not?
  2. Riou EQResource

They think you and your friends should all bail out of your guilds you've been in for a long time to make a guild with all your friends in it together if you really need more spaces
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Gwarf New Member

wow that is awful they seriously need to increase the number of people we can put in a fellowship. between me a 2 RL friends we have a lot of bot and that would be very helpful
  4. Bella222 Elder

bot????? do you mean bots? bots are not allowed. Guilds are free to make.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No increase needed. Move along. Move along.
  6. DATAC New Member

YES! A limit of 12 is ridiculous. It should at least be 18. The only reason not to raise it, is to prevent guilds from using fellowships to get rogues to sos past content they don't want to mess with. Back when lvl 70/75 was the limit, this made sense. I often group with 9 or 10 guildies and friends and most of them have alts as well. It would take a lot of the pita factor out of meeting up with friends.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Limit of 12 is fine because for more you drop a guild banner. And still the wrong forum for the discussion.
  8. DATAC New Member

If that were really the issue, exploiters could simply have 1 group drop 2 campfires - then bring in enough to drop a guild banner. The REAL issue with this is I have a mage, warrior, ranger, and monk I play from 1 account - all depending on what we need and what mood I'm in.

One friend had 1 character only, a husband/wife team have 5 toons they play spread over 3 accounts. There's a total of 10 of us, so the IDEALLY, there simply wouldn't be a limit, or limit it to 12 accounts and no limit on members. I feel a compromise is raising the limit to 18.
  9. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

In today's game you shouldn't have any issues going to a location in the zone. I see no reason to hinder expanding the Fellowship an addition 2-6 more players. Allowing between 14-18 in a single fellowship, but increase the amount to set a campfire down for instance instead of 3 make it 6 or 7.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Increasing the amount to set a campfire would really be a bad move.
    Gyurika Godofwar and DATAC like this.
  11. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Then increasing the number of players could be considered a bad move. To gain something you gotta give. No reason for 3 people to run for the other 9 to campfire in.
  12. DATAC New Member

The reason for fellowships was to allow friends to get to your group faster, when they logged in later and were joining the action already in progress. Persons A, B, C, D, and E were grouping somewhere and person F logged in, they could quickly catch up to the location.
  13. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Eh, however you wanna justify it being 18 players with 3 being the standard for setting a campfire, is completely up to you, Im just stating the dev's wont consider it without some other impact taking place. It is just more work for them when they already have a hard enough time making servers stable. Quests work. Anniversary events dropping items. It would be nice for 18 players in a fellowship. Chances are though, its going to remain 12 in the fellowship, and will be told to create a guild and use a banner if you are that desperate to have a box/bot/friends whatever you wanna call them, be transported to your location you designate.
  14. DATAC New Member

Doesn't a banner require 18 be there to plant? A simple fix would be lower the limit required for this to 6 or so.
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

A guild banner requires 12.
  16. Imak Augur

I can create a campfire by myself... unless I am in EQ, in which case I require assistance from at least two other people. Building campfires is hard.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Campfires were not created so people could bring boxes to camps to get loot. Nor were they created so people could rotate boxes in and out of camps.

Campfires were created to encourage camping by real players by making it easier for them to get together. SOE/Daybreak figured 12 was a good number and anything larger then that should use a guild banner. We also got mercs since then so groups tend to be small so based on the original intent of campfires that gives even more room.

Sure we who box would love to have even more boxes on a campfire. That does not mean it will or should happen.

If your problem is running your box past see invis when deep in a t2 zone make sure one of your fellowship members is a mage.
    Kittyzerk likes this.
  18. SevrinSevendust Elder

Bella222,

I'm not a bot, I simply like to change and experiment with my group makeup with different classes that I actively play as you do, and thought that all of them belonging to the same fellowship would be a nice touch... but thanks so much for your positive input, it was really meaningful.

Regards,
    Sevrin