Fellowship experience sharing for level 100s

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shimmerleaf, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Shimmerleaf Augur

A bit of background: I have 5 level 100 characters, 4 are in the same fellowship, 2 each on 2 accounts.
    Since the two most recent characters reached 70, I have been sharing fellowship exp with them. I did this the entire period of RoF as I reached max level and AA early.
    During CotF I did not share for the first couple of months, but today I realized that the newer chars show on the fellowship sharing as capped, even tho they only have 8k and 4k.

So what is the deal? I can't give AA exp to a char that is max regular exp? Even when they have many thousands of AAs still to accrue?
    I have activities for each character to pursue, but particularly in the case of the ranger, AAs are pretty well done(do not give a hoot about planar intelligence, and such.)
    When did this change occur? and is Sony just removing one more reason for me to log on at all?

Shimmerleaf Ranger 100 on Bertox
  2. Coruth Augur

Its always been this way.

Max Vitality (From shared xp) is LOWER of 2 Amounts.
    Amount of AA to get to your levels cap (70 at level 100)
    or
    Amount of Regular XP to get to max level 100.

I've suicide a few max reg xp toons to get some room for Vitality.
  3. SpamFactory Augur

bolded is not correct.

Since my main boxing set up all have sufficient AAs I run fellowship exp all the time to allocate exp to some useless alts who I then level up after maxing out their vitality. I've been running fellowship exp since I got all relevant level and AAs in ROF on my main toons basically.

If I have a level 95 and level 85 both starting with zero vitality and both characters are inactive (i.e. they are only receiving vitality and do not exp until they reach max vitality), the level 85 will get to max vitality much quicker than the level 95. Note that I am NOT talking about the AA vitality bar. I'm talking about the vitality in the regular exp bar.

If I then "cash out" the level 85s vitality he won't be anywhere near level 100 by the time the vitality bar is completely drained (he'll be lucky if he reaches 95).
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

regular XP vitality bar is 10 levels worth, as you say, 85 to 95. You can be 'capped' without the bar being visually full.
  5. Tobynn Augur

I just did the same over the bonus exps weekend. Started with a level 85 toon, capped on vitality. Turned off sharing, set the AA slider to zero, went with full regular experience. Made it barely into level 91 before vitality was depleted. No where close to 10 levels.
  6. Vlerg Augur

Kaenneth;despite what SoE official website says.. it's not 10 level Worth of XP, not even close. a full vitality bar barely lasted trough 1 level for me ( 93). it may have been true at one point, but it's not accurate anymore.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

10x the amount of XP it takes to go 1 Level from your current level when you get it.

SO 10x the XP it takes to go from 85 to 86 would roughly get you to 91 if the scaling on XP worked like it does in most RPG's I would imagine.