[Feedback] Remove basepop from raid zones when requested with Loot Lockout

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raccoo, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Raccoo Augur

For the purpose of less lag on raids, please remove basepop if the DZ was requested with a loot lockout from that same raid zone. A similar mechanic was used in TBM Hate & Fear Revisited.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes please!
    Dre. likes this.
  3. Raccoo Augur

At this point I'd prefer no basepop in raid zones period, but I know people want luck augs. I'd prefer they choose another way to put luck augs into the game, remove basepop so at least one visible thing they can control to reduce lag can be done.

For T2 basepop
    Shei has at least 72
    AHR has at least 119
    FTG has at least 56

These are unnecessary to the raid event and cause extra lag.
    Kels, Lisard, Dre. and 8 others like this.
  4. zleski Augur

Ought to put luck augs in the chest.
    Dre. likes this.
  5. Marton Augur

No.

Loot already takes too long.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Would be better for everyone to split the trash into a raid of mini targets. Minimal time investment to power up a few mobs here and there as interesting targets, and general trash. No more worrying about someone getting a loot lockouts or transferring the DZ.
  7. zleski Augur

That sounds like a you problem.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are ways you can make the process go faster if you chose to.
  9. Cadman Elder

No, then they're unavailable to non-raiders
    Kaenneth and Fenthen like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well they are in raid zones so I would expect them to be targeted at raiders. That being said I do think there should be different ways to get them then raid trash which just adds lag to raid zones. I think adding them as chest loot in both raids and missions would be a good idea.
  11. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

So casuals no longer get luck augs? Get bent.
  12. zleski Augur

Check your attitude. It's an oversight, and an important one I didn't consider.
    Dre. likes this.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Remove luck augs :)
    Fenthen, Wyre Wintermute and Knifen like this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Like the OP post plz.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Does basepop if it's out of range of you actually add to lag in any meaningful way?

Do you experience less lag after dragging your raid in to blow up all the trash before starting the event?
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Put luck-augs on the group-vendor and raid-vendor, lets us spend currency on them.
    Warpeace, FYAD and Sancus like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would make it harder for some to get the augs and personally I would consider it a waste to spend raid currency on luck augs.
  18. Zarzac Augur

Even if the devs disagree with this idea, I think they should try it for one zone. A suggestion would be to try it with Free the Goranga as it's 1 zone/1 raid.

Logically it makes sense that this would yield benefits in the area of raid lag which is the biggest issue currently facing the game.
  19. Raccoo Augur

How was Deepshade raids lag for everyone with no basepop (maybe like 1 pinhead)?
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Spinning up whole raid instances just to farm for augs seems like a waste as well.