Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Jul 3, 2023.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

Short and sweet feedback: When implementing named spawn bonuses for holidays and the like, set a minimum final value to instigate more reasonable named spawns.

Rationale: We're currently experiencing in a +76% named spawn bonus. However, if a named has a ridiculously low chance of spawning (5%), the modified chance of spawning (8.75%) is still comparatively negligible. In the future, particularly with events in the later half of the expansion cycle, please consider a slightly more nuanced incentive:

If (spawnrate * bonus) < 20%, then 20%, else (spawnrate * bonus). This would give a great boost and incentive to go out and hunt the harder-to-spawn named without making ALL named ridiculously common.
  2. Oberan Elder

While your idea might help those looking for hunter named it will harm those looking to grind out bonus xp or farm collects and the like without having to dodge named that "happen" to spawn in their grind area.

I'm a cleric and I duo with my bard box (tank/dps mercs) I kill slowly as it is. A regular mob takes about 1 to 1.5 minutes.. a named can take upwards of 4-5 minutes to kill.. I'd rather kill 3 regular mobs than a named when I'm grinding out xp or farming collects.

Hunter raids are a thing already for the hard to get mobs.
  3. MmmmBop Wise Troll

I'm not necessarily advocating for the OP's request, but the problem that you describe can be fixed by a much easier method than asking to suppress named spawns. My suggestion to you if you are trying to avoid named spawns is to avoid PH mobs that spawn named mobs (and their surrounding camps). If you do that you will get a 100% spawn rate of non-named mobs. And considering that non-PH mobs typically comprise more than half of the zone, you should have no problem implementing this suggestion.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Maybe make it a min 5% chance. I know at least 2 of the names with bonus still took 90-120 ph kills before we got a named (guessing they had like a 1% spawn rate before the bonus so 1.76% isn't that noticeable of a difference). I get what the other said with not wanting named to be up to much because they can sometimes just get in the way so a cap on the spawn rate isn't always a bad thing.
    minimind likes this.