Feature Request: Summoned items toggle in settings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 16, 2021.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know many of us have mod rods hanging on the walls of our eq homes or our blocked spells filled with entries for summoned food and drink or mod rods etc.

What would be nice is a toggle in settings to turn off or on accepting these items on your cursor? Toggle it off and when someone casts mass mod rods, or anything else that would end up on your cursor and you no longer get these items.

I love the idea but everyone else out there might be fine with how things are not. Discuss :)

Edit: Yes I know about doing it with hotbuttons adding and subtracting spells from your blocked spells list. Just seems this would be easier on everyone if it can be done without too much dev time used on it.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You can already do that with a macro button that blocks those spells and then unblocks those spells.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Doesn't help where there is a large list of spells that you might need to block depending on what people are casting.
  4. Szilent Augur

aye. Jester items, Vex Thal clickies, anniversary/celebration stuff, magicians who think they oh so funny
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I know and meant to mention it in my post.

But doing it for all the items is a pain in the butt. But also why I think it might be easy to do. Then no one has to know how to do it on their own and no one has to look up the exact names etc for the blocks unblocks.

This seems on the surface (famous last words) to be an easy to do item. I also think the current method requires players to know how to set it up in the first place. I definitely am not asking Devs to waste a lot of time on it but if it can be done easily I think it would be a great QoL improvement.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

In my opinion:

Having your (yes long list) of 'I never want those' on permanent block.
    And your (yes long list) of 'I want to disable these in pok/gl so I click' on macro.

Is a much more flexible solution than, 'turn everything that would appear on my cursor off'.

Also, in my mind, it's much more new user friendly to NOT have a single button that turns so many things off, they can click at level 1 without knowing the implications.

Whereas once you reach the need for advanced usage like this, you are a more advanced user, and it is more appropriate for you to research and use a macro approach.

Plus, it's already this way without any dev time spent.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There are a few of the throwing toys from the bazaar I wouldn't mind blocking, but not knowing what the spell is doesn't help.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Spending time to figure out every spell you would need to block and making the hotkeys to manually block and unblocked is user friendly?
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Sigh...yeah, I don't even know why I try any more.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Here's how I handle it.

I have a macro/social with just one line: /autoinventory

Whenever something appears on my cursor, I just click that button, and it's stowed. At the end of the session, I clear my bags and get rid of what I don't want.

If it's something I was expecting/wanted, I deal with it right away. The rest gets dumped at the end of the session.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

It would be nice to have more fine grained control over items on cursor and items in general.

I know I sometimes get a mod rod from an over achieving mage, or some food or something else on my cursor.

I can only block so many buffs. This limit should be increased.
  12. Angahran Augur

1. Increase the blocked spell list to at least double.
    2. Add button to summoned item display window to add the item to the blocked spell list.
    3. (optional) create a new 'blocked items' window that lists all summoned items and allows a yes/no checkbox.