Feature Request: show stat caps in 'inventory' tab

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Herf, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Herf Augur

There are various kinds of caps on things like heroic stats, AC, skill % augs, etc. It would be just wonderful if the tabs in the Inventory window could show all these stats per toon, even in an added tab or something.

This makes it a lot easier to know if one has hit a cap such that a given aug or focus will not help that toon, making it available for others on raids/events.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As far as I am aware there is no cap on heroic stats or AC though there may be a soft cap after which returns diminish. Skill percent items/augs already show the cap with something like 15%(45 Max). All the mods such as heroic, spell, skill damage mods also show the cap in the default UI.
  3. Herf Augur

Caps change depending on era I believe.

Yes the augs list what the item does but over time one might loot 20%, 30% and 40% augs and only the highest one will 'count'. But across multiple accounts and a dozen toons it's tough to keep it all straight (I just spent half an hour on one toon alone and it's still not done.)

What I'm asking is if a an aug drops that decreases buff casting time by 40, and much later an aug drops that reduces buff casting time by 30, I'd like to be able to quickly bring up a UI during (fast) raid loot allocation so I can see (in this example) that since I have +40 I can pass on the +30 so someone else can get it and I don't waste my DKP points.

This would also likely free up slots for people who already have the lesser augs, but could remove them and put some other type of aug in that slot.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What caps change depending on the era? Also I think you are talking about focus effects which are not on augs (for the most part) and on items and how good it is depends on the focus effect and the level of the spell you are casting so it is impossible to put it in a UI window to compare.