[Feature Request] Select custom Spell Icons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakah, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Drakah UI Designer

We have the ability to change our hotkey buttons with a new massive amount of new icons to choose from.

Please add the ability to change our spell icons also.
  2. Karhar Dream Crusher

I'll even 1 up that, allow us to rearrange or right click and always have said buff go to that slot :D
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

We have the ability to change our spell icons using custom UIs. I use my custom UI in order to show the old default ones, as I hate the new dayglo ones.

Perhaps you mean an easier way to do it built into the game?
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Ssdar Augur

I think OP is asking for a way to change it for individual spells. Spells share icons and many classes use multiple spells from the same line in their lineup or just different spells that have the same icon. It would be nice to have a visible way to differentiate those spells via icon. With UI modding you can only change the graphic for that spell icon for all spells.
  5. Horyuken Augur

You can do this will hot keys /cast 1 - 12. Give that hot key the icons you want. Make a set of hot keys for each spell line up and change it as you change line ups. You can also mod the spell bar to be very very small and will gain some real estate on the screen.
  6. Drakah UI Designer

I am talking about the spells/abilities themselves, that show up in the Buff Windows, Spell Book, CastSpellWindow bar, etc. Ssdar gets what I mean ty. We have a huge abundance of spell icons now. You cannot just merely edit your UI to change that icon since that icon is also tied to XXX number of other spells/items. Making hotkeys for spells to change the icon is all well and good but that does not change the icons globally for what I am referring to. And yes, I agree, you should be able to rearrange via right-click to move a spell icon in a buff bar.

Lets say....If "Pact of the Wurine" has a gray icon (icon #222), I want to change that to a yellow one (icon #226), but any other spell that uses that gray icon, dont change. So really, it would be a new Window called something like "Spell Icon Selector Window" to load all of your spells/abilities available to you, where you can select what icon you want for whatever.