Feature Request: Quest item bag - Lets get this over with!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Laronk Augur

It would be nice to have a bag that's like the collection bag and tradeskill but for quest items.

I'm sure we've all had to dig through bags for quest items.

I'm assuming its also a low work task that people would love, tie it to a quest in the new expansion if need be.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

/signed
  3. Mazame Augur

use the find key it works wonders.

With TS the bag was nice because of the size being larger (32 slot when reg bags were only 20-ish).
    How ever now that normal bags are 40-44 and the trade skill is only 40 I think the TS bags can do with a upgrade.

Collection = in truth this bag sits empty most of the time. when it get full I run to the home and deposit the extra i found.

Having a 4th bag type would not work for me.

1st off many quest items are also trade skill flag so now I would have to put it before my trade-skill bags if I want quest items filter out. or after TS bag if I want the TS quest items to go into TS bags.

2nd some quest items are food/drink. as it is right now I have TS bag 1st and and have to use the 1st 2 slots for food and drink so I don't auto eat the wrong thing. If we were to have a quest bag and I had it 1st then as I am questing and pick up F/D items I going to end up eating them.

As it is quest items are not hard to find I have my bags in this order.
    1 = TS
    2 = TS
    3 = Collection
    4 - 7 = empty bags
    8 Potion = bag

9 Random items I keeping on hand (I keep current quest items here.)
    10 Usable items ( port / raid clicks that I always keep on me.)

When I get a quest item for a quest I am working on I place it in bag 9 so I know not to destroy it/ sell it. When I need to find it it easy to find.

Loot filter I block quest item I no longer need. and on the rare chance something gets miss placed I use /find to find it.

Point being adding a quest only bag would hurt more then it would help. Like collection it would be empty 90% of the time. I would still keep it in slot 9 so the auto loot would never fill it up and I would not have to worry about eating a quest drop. so that would be 40-44 slots wasted most of the time for no added benefit.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Find key is the bomb! Not sure how this would work since there are so many items that are multiple labelled - quest and tradeskills and food etc - which bag would it go in?

Plus they still have not removed all the false tradeskill labels.
  5. Kinadorm Augur

Instead of another restricted bag type just add a new keyring type interface for quest items.

It would also be great if all quests cleaned things up by having you turn in any items used for the quest so you don't have leftover quest items sitting in a bag for months/years unsure if you should delete them or if there is another quest they may be needed for.
    Mazame likes this.
  6. Laronk Augur

They'd go in the first bag that they fit in

Find is great but not all quests tell you the item plus if you're doing multiple quests at once it becomes cumbersome to remember them all

This would be greatly preferred but I think it's probably more work. I'd rather quest items just be tracked on the character somehow and me not have to actually click items on an NPC but yeah.
  7. Alarya Augur

Forget the bag and just make them have their own inventory tab.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

1) Need bigger trader satchels for the bazaar (20 slot)

2) Need bigger TS item only bags (60 slot via market place, 50 slot via tradeskills)

Don't see a need for a new quest bag though. The collection ones are annoying enough, being limited by type. I'd rather see them turn the collection ones into regular bags too.