*Faydedar - No Loot

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Thorno, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Thorno New Member

Yes this is just *Faydedar, just thought I would share that customer service believes him not dropping the Pod of Seawater is working as intended and they have a clear disregard for being accountable for programming deficiencies. Has anyone else ever seen *Faydedar not drop his druid epic loot?

Hello, I was on the final fight of my epic weapon tonight with a small raid force. We just killed *Faydedar in a Timorous Deep Dynamic Zone. My druid, Thorno, handed in the Froglok Essence to spawn *Faydedar. We successfully killed him, with no deaths or anything weird taking place, until Faydedar died and had no loot for Thorno to finish his epic. His corpse was empty. He should have dropped a Pod of Seawater (identifies as "Seawater from Timorous").
    I am hoping you would be able to rectify this bug and give Thorno the item he needs to complete his epic, as should have been there. I have attached an image as proof Thorno was there for the kill and that *Faydedar was killed. Thank you for your help with this!
    Thorno

Response:

Game Master
    Today at 10:32
    Greetings Adventurer,

I wanted to touch base with you about your help request. Unfortunately, CS is unable to provide assistance with any newly released content on Aradune or Rizlona. At this time, the Epic series of quests are currently functioning as intended. We will be unable to spawn any NPCs, or return any items lost during NPC trades. We recommend restarting the quest and completing the steps again, as we currently have a hands-off policy.

Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC
    [EQ] Official Forums
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

For what its worth, I killed the static zone Faydedar a few days ago and didn't get a corpse/loot, too. I presumed it was because Faydedar was killed by my pet while I was feared (I was playing a mage).
    Thorno likes this.
  3. GNOME_POWER Augur

Are you a druid who is actually doing an epic quest? Your druid Level?
  4. Nniki Augur

I killed Faydedar on The Rathe, both the regular and triggered (*Faydedar) spawned versions. Both dropped the Pod of Seawater.

He states that he was on his druid, doing the final fight he needed for his epic, but that doesn't actually matter since you don't need to be a druid to spawn Faydedar, loot the Pod of Seawater, or even do the druid epic quest. Level wouldn't matter at that point either if he was able to spawn Faydedar.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Do you need to be on that part of the epic for it to drop?
  6. Thorno New Member

I am a 59 druid, it was a fresh dz, in which I personally triggered spawning *Faydedar. I am on that step of the quest, there are no other steps to be performed. We killed *Faydedar, his corpse had no loot and therefore disappeared seconds later. CS has informed me over and over that is working as intended and clearly has not reviewed the ticket properly, I included a screenshot showing that *Faydedar was slain by my druid, to no avail.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the drop rate for the pod of seawater from magelo

Faydedar 55 Warrior
    Dragon Timorous Deep
    89%
    59 of 66

As you can see it is not a for certain drop unless it was The Fabled version which is only out in March (that one is 100%) . So this is not a bug.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I know the open world non-triggered version has no guaranteed drops, but I always thought the triggered version was supposed to by intent.

The bug reported here of the DZ triggered version not dropping the epic item is I think a genuine one & should be investigated & fixed.

Magelo does not distinguish between open world & triggered Faydedar as it has only a single entry for it.
  9. Duder Augur

Likely had a loot lockout
  10. Thorno New Member

Serious question, what could trigger a loot lockout in a fresh dz? It had just been created and we went straight in. My druid has never been part of a TD DZ or OW Faydedar. Are there scenarios given these facts that still can cause a loot lockout?
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If anyone in the raid had done that DZ previously and still had a lockout timer no loot will drop
    Duder likes this.
  12. Duder Augur

There *may* be a bug with the code logic in the scenario in question. That when you kill any mob within the dz a loot lockout is given to the raid. When a DZ spawns it spawns all the mobs in it, if some one in the raid has a loot lockout all mobs will drop 0 loot. If no one has a loot lockout the mobs will spawn with loot. However, I have seen it occur where a new DZ is popped with NO loot lockouts, a random trash mob is killed thus giving all the players in the DZ a loot lockout. So then, when a quest mob is triggered/spawned, it checks the loot lockouts, sees that everyone in the raid has the loot lockout and thus, does not have loot.

Try and find out if anyone in the raid had a DZ lockout. If they didn't then report is as a logic bug and repeat it without killing any trash in the DZ before killing the spawned *Faydedar. I sympathize with you having to wait a week before being able to attempt it in a DZ again. But at least you don't have to start from the very beginning of the epic.
  13. Thorno New Member

Okay thanks for the feedback, I will try and find out if its possible someone had a loot lockout, and yes I am fortunate its a step that is repeatable when the lockout expires.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Duder Augur

Do you know who was the raid leader when the expedition was acquired? Because if some one in the raid has a loot lockout, it is required for them, or some one else with a loot lockout to be raid leader to request the DZ. So really you only need to check with whoever was raid/dz leader.
  15. Thorno New Member

Yes I know who the raid leader was and he is a well versed raid leader, I will check with him, but he knows how DZ's work so I do not think that it could be him. If someone else in the raid had the lockout, could he have been able to create it? Or if someone joined with the lockout after it was spun up, could it loot lock us as well?
  16. Duder Augur

If some one else had the loot lockout in the raid (and the leader did not), it wouldn't have allowed the raid leader, or any one to request the DZ until someone with a loot lockout was made raid leader. If someone with a loot lockout were made raid leader it would issue the DZ to the raid working off their loot lockout and all the mobs within as well as spawned within would have no loot. Someone joining the DZ after it was spun up who had a previous loot lockout would not effect if mobs killed after they joined would drop loot.

But the possible cause I mentioned early is just as suspect as the raid leader having had a loot lockout when it was requested. Do you remember if anyone at all killed any trash (raptors etc) before *Faydedar was spawned? I also can't remember if loot lockouts are issued before trash is killed on TLP. I do know that replay timers are immediately issued.
  17. Thorno New Member

I cannot say 100% for sure if anyone killed a trash mob or not, we had about 8 people running separately to where *Faydedar spawns. Our raid leader leads our TLP raids and is the one usually kicking people out for being loot locked if necessary, and there was no popup about joining a DZ in progress or loot lock out etc... I am on my druid right now and he does not show a loot lockout, only a replay timer on that DZ which has around a day left on it still.

If someone did somehow have a loot lockout, would that be showing in my window now? I have only had that replay lockout the whole time on my character, since that night.
  18. Duder Augur

You wouldn't have been issued the loot lockout from the requesters loot lockout if they had one, nor would you have been asked for a confirmation upon request. It would have been seamless and seemed normal, like it did on your end.
  19. Thorno New Member

If that's true that seems like something that could be improved upon. If someone can contaminate a DZ with a loot lockout without you even being aware that doesn't seem like a logical way of it being programmed. You should get a popup window like you do when you're joining someone's existing DZ, notifying you that "X" player has a loot lockout or something to that effect.
  20. Duder Augur

Perhaps, but I'd also entrust the raid leader not to do such a thing without notifying others. They may have had a lockout and not even realized it. But unless they had a loot lockout from a previous *Faydedar, I would imagine that if they had an Event Lockout from the real Faydedar that the DZ could not have even been gotten. Though some will allow it to be gotten where the mob from the event lockout just isn't up. DZ rules have some odd inconsistencies across content from TLP to Live. I am leaning more towards trash was killed and issued a loot lockout to those present which then prevented *Faydedar from spawning with loot. Which I would consider a bug in the loot lockout mechanism/logic.