Favorite TLP to date?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Enki117, Aug 9, 2023.

1. eqfanforlife Elder

You can give gear to other characters and even other accounts on mischief, you can also trade the gear or sell it to get different gear.

There is no universe where heirloom is better than free trade.

Seems the clear winner in this thread is mischief, for obvious reasons.

I personally am not a fan of the random loot though but it's not the worst, it is harder to get the items you want on mischief but that's ok, still prefer the server.
    Appren and Lineater like this.
  2. SunDrake Augur

1. Mischief
    2. Selo
    3. Vaniki
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Leifer Augur

1. Rizlona
    2. Lockjaw
    3. Mischief
    4. Mangler
    5. Cornaiv
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Better is a purely subjective term whilst it does not have clearly-defined contraints or parameters.
    Better for who?

Not everyone shares your definition of better, I personally do not.
    I would hate Free Trade on Raid Items but I am in favour of it being on group items, because I still believe that in order to gain access to raid gear you should be raiding and that raid gear should be a one & done deal rather than something that can be traded indefinitely and taht allowing it to do so harms the integrity of the game long term.

We've seen Mischief & it clearly has many fans, but it has a good number of detractors too, and there are folks like me who like some of what Mischief brought, but absolutely not all of what it brought.

Heirloom on Raid items for me is "barely acceptable" there are some good arguments in favour of it for the sake of flexibility of some players to be able to gear & then swap to key classes to help their guilds out, but that's a completetely different set of conditions than having loot from, raids be free trade.

In a perfect world I would rather that Raid Gear depreciated down to the level of group gear whilst in group content, Raid gear only gaining the better stats, AC, etc when in Raid Content.
    But EQ gear does not have that functionality.
  5. Cidran Augur

Today I'm having fun in Oakwynd and still playing in Vaniki as well, but Combine is unforgettable for me. Selo was cool too.
  6. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

Agnarr, pop locked

I rarely have time to log in and keep up the grind. And pop was my favorite era.
    Being able to Max out a char, and push the limits. Testing different Heroic Gear sets, get all the fun clickies. Been playing a Bard on there for 1.5yrs, and almost fully completed BIS w/augs and clickies. He's so much fun! And I'm never behind.

I would love a Timelocked server at GoD, OOW, DoN.
    Chyron likes this.
  7. Manafasto Augur

Mischief + Selos + Rizlona, were my best experiences for TLPs. More TLPs need to be like Mischief. It should be about having fun and not feeling forced to raid old content for a chance at a drop. No one is forcing me but you can hear it in everyones voice they do not want to be doing specific content over and over.
  8. rahzel44 Journeyman

Mangler then Mischief. Vaniki was interesting for a minute, but ultimately lost it's luster.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Need a Vaniki 2.0 with voting system checker, AGILE.
    Not being AGILE and having roadblocks unbeatables and the dev's can't doing anything about it because their TLPs are not AGILE. It says this, its set in stone this.
    Good server for challenging gameplay, enjoyed being underleveled and having content at higher level than the max.

Know what, it goes to show times changed too.
    2004 GoD expansion people say content was meant for higher level, yet people say not perceived well
    Vaniki samething content is meant for higher level, yet people enjoy it

times changed
    EQ2 failed, doesn't mean EQ3 fails too
    people want EQ3

Also, new expansion raids difficulty
    this game already weeded the weak
    make raids HARDER, people should be out of mana for the last 5 minutes of the fight.
    If in beta people are beating the final tier raid stuff and they got decent mana left and everything, HARDER, HARDER. Back then you'd fighting stuff no mana left, stand strong.
    times changed
    Aenvar likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Thornblade. It's not even close for me.
  11. Lawyer Augur

I enjoyed Ragefire a lot, because the slow pace, lack of instancing, and DPS races made for some amazing drama for the first half dozen expansions. It genuinely felt like old school Everquest; if I squinted a little, it looked like the KTF/Stasis/Unity drama on Prexus in 2001.

I wish I'd gotten on Mischief when it launched. Free trade and more random loot sounds like a nice twist.

Can't say I cared for any of the other TLPs more than those.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Fluid Augur

FTE is one of the reasons I'll be taking a break. My favorite gambit is doing things like getting a snared Hill Giant to flee/standstill while my new characters plink him with arrows or max backstab. Even simple stuff like have the high level character cast a snare for the newbie doesn't work anymore. I can still do it, but only with experience generating group and sometimes that isn't what I have lined up. Mostly I have to write off experience and still group them. Actual disaster for me.
  13. Fluid Augur

Rizlona for me.

I can't recall when the focus items were taken out of early expansions. I know I was in the forums telling all casters they were the best item to get. In their wisdom, the game designers decided to take them out. I get it, overpowered, balance, ... But for once I would have liked them to say: "Oh, you are having a lot of fun with slightly more powerful characters. Maybe we ought to give non casters a break too!" But NOOOO! So all TLPs up until focus items were taken out.

I don't think I really liked any Truebox server except Agnarr. I mean they were OK if that was what you were looking for. We must remember why some of the programs were put in effect in the first place. Stuff like Lore, No Trade, Truebox, FTE were all made to eliminate bad behavior. AFAIK, they have had no effect or at best little effect. I mean there were real problems with people kill stealing, camping rares, I'd actually heard of people camping rares and destroying them to keep the market for the ones they had high.

Life is like a poop sandwich. The more bread you got, the less poop you have to taste. In EQ the bread is the great players you run into in game. Lately with all the RMT types we seem to be tasting the poop more. It's getting to be a poor ratio and the ratio is worst the newer the TLP is. Such is life. I still love the game. Problem is the TLP thing is getting so different from the game style I like to play, F2P seems like it would be at least a tie. Remember we pay for a subscription to play a server that is supposed to be better then the F2P servers. Thought was you wouldn't risk your precious account by doing bad behavior. That ship has sailed.
  14. Appren Gnomercy

Mischief, by far.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Fideles Journeyman

Mischief by far.

The gear anxiety that usually kicks in for me just didn't happen. Raid upgrades for my main were plentiful and everything but the very top-end BiS items were dirt cheap in the baz. Alts and boxes were better geared than some of my mains on previous TLP's. This let me goof around more and I straight up had more fun than on any other server.

Not worrying over gear made the rest of the game so much better. I hope the 25th anniversary server is just a stright up Mischief cut n' paste.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Selos
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Aenoan Augur

1. Sleeper
    2. Combine
    3. Fippy

I would like them to release a traditional server like yelinak but with speed unlocks similar to Sleeper/combine. With a lot of the fixes we have now. I think the OG TLP servers would be a lot of fun.
    A meaningful race.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  18. Sdoofbuc Augur

1. Trakanon
    2. Phinigel

I know Trakanon was not a LTP server. But I was in a few self imposed TLP guilds on that server. It was a good place to play. No one botting and locking up all the zones. Just an empty server to enjoy EQ with some friends. Open world stuff was ALWAYS up.

Phinigel was the only true TLP server I played on. I wish I could have stayed until it made it to live. Unfortunately life happens and I had to leave.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Dalyrina Elder

Mischief without a doubt for me.

I think the biggest complaint I see towards the server was the loot pinata aspect. Although most people that complain about that aspect quit by the time multiple passes had been made on the amount of drops you could possibly get.

Classic was uber omega lol broken. Kunark to half way through PoP still had too much dropping along with some questionable tables on PoP mobs in general. After the adjustment mid way through PoP they found a pretty good sweet spot that left you still competing for loot by the end of month 2 of expansions.

I dont really care if they run another clone, but with the table adjustment and the tables themselves being fixed after mischief beta testing (no yeligate), it would be a much cleaner experience for most.
    Skuz and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Any except Mischief; I want to play in a world not a random slot machine.

although I would be happy with normal base loot + a lesser/holiday event 'bonus' random global loot.