Fastest Way to 100

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tharrg, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Tharrg Augur

Ok so I keep seeing different suggestions on this so I want to see if I can get some clear answers. I have 2 Gold accounts with HC's. A mage and Necro. I also am boxing a silver account with Bard. Using these 3.. both mage and necro with J5 mercs. where should I go to level the fastest.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

RoF and CotF partisans/mercenaries/missions.
  3. Tharrg Augur

Ok ill try those and see how I do...
  4. Bryan Augur

Dead Hills > NPC named Gribble > Heroic mission: scouting ahead (2nd one available).

bard/mage/necro + reactive healer(j5)/ balanced caster(j5)/ balanced caster mercs

Set the mage or necro as group assist. change xtar1 in bards xtar window to be group assist's target. This way xtar 2 and xtar 3 will always be adds. Make hotkeys to mez these targets. something like;

/stopsong
    /pause 3, /xtar 2
    /cast 9 (or whatever spell gem you put single target mez in)

Make the same but for xtar 3. This way you can pull multiples without worrying about taking the time to split them if you so choose. It's faster than splitting by a decent amount, and it's easy enough to hit your melody hotkey once mob(s) are mezzed.

Repeat this mission over and over and over again until you reach level 100. Along the way, every 1k alt currency or so, purchase a piece of level 100 group gear for each character. It's not prestige so your bard will be able to use it even.

From an xp/hour standpoint this mission is better than dailies once you get good at it.

All of the above assumes you have cotf expansion on all three accounts. Also, I admit I haven't done much in the way of missions/quests in cotf aside from heroic adventures. I'm just a big fan of this mission. I boxed and geared bard/mage/wiz from 92 to 100 doing so and I was very happy with the progress.
    moogs and EQTrixy like this.
  5. Diptera Augur

My first thought was "Fastest way to 100? Start with a level 101 Ranger..." ;)
    Koutarou, Borek-VS, KC13 and 7 others like this.
  6. EQTrixy Elder

I agree with this 100%

This is how I have leveled my boxed Shaman and Mage. Shaman started at level 95, Mage was 88... Doing 1 or 2 HAs a day (7 days a week) got my Shaman to 98 (almost 99) and Mage to 92 (almost 93) in about two weeks.

I actually find the exp in the HAs better than the dailies. Not as much running around. Just straight in and start killing.

I have been saving the Marks on my Shaman and Mage too. Going to buy a bunch of upgrades at 100.
  7. Zaxamaphone Augur

The Dead Hills missions mentioned gives 6-12% total xp per run depending on your level and how many of the final mobs you have to kill to finish the task. From level 85 to 100 takes approximately 60 HAs. As you approach level 100 you'll not see more than 6% xp per run. At the end of those 60 runs you should have enough points to buy all of your visable slots and a couple of non-visable. You'll also want to gouge your eyeballs out from boredom.

Do not buy any of the level 100 gear until you are actually level 100 unlike what a previous poster said, just save up your marks. Here's why.... you may end up looting some of the items you would have bought with those points.. thus wasting marks you used to purchase the gear that you could have looted. You'll get bored of the same HA over and over and will probably go try some others just to break up the boredom, thus finding even more gear upgrades you don't have to buy.

You'll also discover that the other HAs, though not quite as boring, do not have near the returns of xp and marks as the ones in Dead hills and will just go back to running Dead hill missions.
    moogs likes this.
  8. Ayoheee Augur

Really struggling to understand your math. The 6-12% is right. How you get 60 at 6-12% a pop gets you 15 levels I dunno....
  9. EQvet Elder

yah...lets round it to a even 10% per run that's 10 runs per level x15 levels is 150 runs right there already, plus you said it slows down a lot closing in on 100.

Also since this is the newbie forum I got a newbie question: how do you start a HA? just go to deadhills and que up through a npc?
  10. Tharrg Augur

Thank you all so much... I dont care about boredom.. I have a warrior that I solo.. and boredom does not begin to cover all that I have dealt with. I will jump in and start doing these missions... I hope to get level 100 so I can start helping getting my warrior gear and help.
  11. Bryan Augur

Once in dead hills use the find function to find a NPC named Gribble. Hail him and click on the highlighted text that appears. You'll eventually get your quest log popped up, at which time you have the option to choose and accept a mission.

Once you do one mission, the next time, more missions will be available. This is the case with all heroic missions.

Also, there are other mission givers in the same general area where Gribble is if you should choose to do others. There are heroic missions in other zones as well. But for ease, straight-forwardness, and accumulation of alt xp, xp, and coin I think the 2nd Gribble mission is about the best.
  12. EQTrixy Elder

I agree with this also. I have saved all my marks on my Shaman and Mage with the plan to unload them once I get to 100. I have also got a few items in their bags I have gotten from named in the HAs. I have killed the giants (the ones that walk around) in ETWK a few times as I run through the zone; they drop cloaks.
  13. idej Augur

I have tried duoing HA's at lower level with my mage and shaman and I cannot kill fast enough to make exp worth it. I was getting more in Zek per hour. Where you running mage pet tank with two wiz mercs with shaman healing?
  14. Rauven Augur

Just an FYI, the level 100 version of Deadhills can be completed in just under 30 minutes with just a 100 Paladin tank, 2 randoms (we did it with a 90 warrior dpsing, and my 86-88 cleric dpsing/offhealing) and 3 J5 caster mercs. If the Paladin is good, you won't even need heals.

With Bard and other buffs, you could probably get it done even quicker. While 150 runs sounds like a lot, thats about 15,000-20,000 marks of valor that could be used for a full set of gear plus augs at 100. All without spending a dime, cept on spells/abilities.

I recommend everyone to do HA's from 85 to 100. Just the marks alone are worth it. You can speed level 100 using a PL method, but you have to run the HAs anyway for the gear. Might as well get levels, then gear from it in one go. Then do whatever endgame goal you had.
  15. EQTrixy Elder

I 3 box them. 100 SK (Cleric Merc), 98 Shaman (Wiz Merc) and 92 Mage (Wiz Merc) is my current group setup.

My SK was already 100 when I started doing the HAs. Shaman was 95 and Mage was 88 when I started.

When I first started it would take me about an hour and a half to do one HA. But now that my boxes are a little higher level I can do them in about 30-45 minutes.