Fall Bonus?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jareke, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Jareke Journeyman

Am I wrong or wasn't there supposed to be a fall bonus event?
  2. Catashe Augur

alot of times event start later in the day the first day... either that or they didn't know what they were talking about on the stream
  3. Aaliyahkenz Journeyman

Its active on beta for some reason but not live
  4. Ryak Augur

If i recall correctly, Test (and presumably Beta) exist in the "future" from a code perspective, so things like timed events can be tested before they go live.

Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how long this offset is.
  5. Prathun Developer

We need to push out a hotfix to get the fall bonus events to kick off. Working on it now!
  6. Catashe Augur

as long as you promise not to touch the login servers! lol
  7. RainbowCane Elder

Prathun,

A. thank you for responding.
    B. if you are still actively reading this please address the flagging issues on Phinny moving into UF / HoT / VoA era. I dont even need an answer anytime soon, just an acknowledgement that the development team is aware and more will be forthcoming.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I hope the hotfix includes entries in the in-game calendar. I checked it yesterday after watching the livestream and hearing Fall events mentioned but there was nothing.

Thank you for your efforts.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

[IMG]
  10. Prathun Developer

Happy to help! Bonus events show up in the calendar while they are running.
    If you have access to Beta, you can see how the event would / will look on Live.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, Dragons, Dragons, Dragons/Giants, Giants, Giants are now showing on Live calendar.

Beta calendar has Changes of Fall listed now as Nov. 1 to Nov. 14. I'm going to assume that Changes of Fall will show up on Live at some future date not yet revealed to us.
  12. Spayce Augur

Am I the only one who would prefer they just not give us the Fall bonus since there is a 97% chance they break the game for half the bonus duration due to screwing up the "fix"?
  13. Kazz99 Elder

Well next patch is scheduled for Nov 14th.... so having it show after the patch for Nov 1-14 sounds about right....
  14. Prathun Developer

The hotfix has been postponed, unfortunately.
    We've turned on the bonuses the olde fashioned way. It'll be probably Monday before we can get the alert and calendar displaying the bonus event information.
  15. Elocar New Member

This goes back to what people are complaining about. We all have lives and plans. It would be nice if DBG could put out a schedule of events on the website or other means that gives people a heads up that things are coming so we can plan accordingly.

You know how I knew we had something going on? I was parsing my log file and realized I took a 1500 Yelinak hit on Tormax.
    Yorch likes this.
  16. Herf Augur

Wait, so is there some kind of bonus on, now? What kind?
  17. Daedly Augur

And for how long?
  18. Numiko Augur

think it's supposed to be double faction and rare spawns this weekend.
  19. Innate Elder

I can vouch for the double faction part, but after camping KC last night on Corinav for Pipe + VP key mob, in 16 cycles had all PHs for PB and Kylong. PB is possibly explainable, but Kylong should have spawned with double rare spawns in 16 cycles.
  20. Punchu Augur

Double rares breaks named spawns with multiple PHs sometimes. I've experienced this a couple times in the last few double rare bonuses, the most notable being Telgrith in Direwind for TSS progression and prathun had to come make him start popping.