Faction Tab on Inventory Window ... Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Risiko Augur

Is there anyway possible that we could have a faction tab added to the inventory window?

It honestly doesn't have to be elaborate. Just put an Expansion drop-down to choose which expansion to filter by, and then have a list of Faction Name and Current Faction rank.

I would even BUY the new expansion IF this was part of that expansion AND was usable on the TLP servers!
  2. mackal Augur

The client even allocates space for faction data already!
  3. Adonhiram Augur

I remember this did exist on WoW, it's a good idea and I don't think it is in anyway OP or endangering class balance...
  4. AgentofChange Augur

Do you have any idea how many factions there are in EverQuest? The idea sounds nice but honestly making a functioning way to show this in the UI would be a pain.

Just be responsible for tracking your own faction! You can already con npcs to get a pretty good idea of where you stand.
  5. Pikallo Augur

While I do agree it would be nice to have a super convenient way to check faction and it would really just be a quality of life change, there is just something Everquesty about having to know what mobs are on what faction and conning them to check faction instead of having it spelled out for you.
  6. mackal Augur

Less than 2048 :p
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. Baldur Augur

They had this exact same thing in Vanguard. It didn't show every faction though, but they had a /showfactions command that showed them all in text format.

I would even take a /showfactions command that was just text in a window that listed factions and your status. That wouldn't be that hard to do I would think.
  8. Absor Developer

I do. Approximately 1,860.

A
    Felicite, Tibalt, Tudadar and 5 others like this.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

That's a pretty specific number
  10. Sindaiann Augur

Thats Rehtarded

:)
  11. Pikallo Augur

Interesting, there are only 633 listed on ZAM. That's quite the discrepancy! I'm curious about the other 1227 :)
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

Your faction standing with Rehtarded could not possibly get any worse!
    Nolrog, Fanra and Sindaiann like this.
  13. Greymantle Augur

I allways thought it would be a good use for the Gypsys in the Karrana's. Run over pay one to look up a faction in their crystal ball . There is simmilar code exsisting currently in POK at some of the npc's, for checking status of tasks.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

You lub me! Its ok to admit it!
  15. snailish Augur

Prior to faction adjustment numbers being shown in game, Allakhazam didn't bother with a lot of factions (i.e., various basically invisible animal factions) --the focus was on NPC factions that connected to quests or kills and therefore had specific messages in game. I would assume this accounts for most of the discrepancy.

I love the idea of a faction window... but I don't see it as practical. Most starting cities have at least 5 factions themselves.

Maybe you could do something with PoK/Lobby/Tranquility/Baz NPC in that you could assign a "core" faction to each NPC (as they are non combat zones) and even have it show as there guild tag. So a dwarf NPC in PoK could belong to <Coldain> and another to <Kazon Stormhammer> and so on.
  16. Risiko Augur

So, that's not a no.
  17. Baldur Augur

You don't have to show all factions. Just showing factions that you had gained or lost points in would reduce that number significantly.
  18. -wycca Augur

Most factions probably aren't going to be very active for players. I'd suggest that you could simply not show factions which haven't changed. Past that, you could probably just let people hide factions - ie manually perhaps.

Edit - had the tab open for a few hours, post above mine also suggested!
  19. Vanrau Augur

Can you imagine the amount of factions that would display in a faction window for a veteran player on a live server lets say that has been playing since 1999? How would you handle all that data being loaded into the UI? You would have to cut it down to only display faction that has changed in the last 90 days or something like that.
  20. Risiko Augur

I think putting in a drop-down filter to choose the era would greatly simplify it. For example, choosing Veliius on the drop-down could show Giant, Coldain, and Claws of Veeshan factions.

You don't need to put every single faction in their. Just put what's important for that era.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.