Faceless Empire Eye Of Veeshan Agnarr Server First Kill

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Streaks, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThenaEQ Augur

id ruin ur freaking LIFE for a code red mt dew dont tempt me
  2. AgentofChange Augur

It has always amazed me how well Faceless thrives in the face of 0 competition. A truly talented bunch.
    Orxbane likes this.
  3. Dulu Augur

I'm not denying some people in Faceless may have done bad things, but you have to look at the total package.

Don't just cherry pick the few bad things. I've buffed every little noob party that I've come across in the commonlands or nektulos forest, or everfrost. I've given fine-steel weapons to noobs, along with anything else I don't want to auction off.

I've gone out of my way to rez non-guildies. I've helped random people with their pre-epics.

I know a lot of good, generous people in Faceless.
    Dagenfehl likes this.
  4. Lateryn Augur

Is that you Dima and "we didn't try on LJ" so "we are going to phinny to go hardcore" and got destroyed even worse?
  5. Watchyoursix New Member

There are other guilds clearing content but none of them really have competent raid leaders. I'm in one of those guilds (not going to say which) but, most of them don't even know what Naggy or Vox casts or, which islands in sky spawns what mobs, etc. Nothing against that but, 75% of the people who have played previous TLP's joined Faceless. The other guilds you join- be prepared for unfair loot rules, less organization, and spending at least an hour setting up for a raid. I somewhat agree with Quill in the sense that larger guilds and instancing ruined that aspect of EQ. Instancing and larger guilds has created the idea that all the players with more time to play and knowledge about EQ, stay in one guild. It's a good and bad thing.
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    ThenaEQ likes this.
  7. Watchyoursix New Member

I don't think destroying someone on an instanced server is that big of an achievement. A guild basically wins by zerging and word of mouth. If you go to the Faceless page, look how many signs up they had previous to the server being released compared to any other guild. Once a decently large size group of people say they are joining that guild, all the bandwagoners join that guild too for the path of least resistance and to ensure domination.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

I'm not sure what I'm looking it. Is it your 44+ man wipe to Phinigel, or your 90+ man wipe to Vox? Some good shots though no doubt.
    Rouan likes this.
  9. Lateryn Augur

This is every guild on the server. As just a regular casual moving through the world, you see bags from every tag and none of their officers care(and I don't blame them, considering how "Stories" change for each person you ask. Make DBG do the job they are being paid to do). But of course people will always point to the top whoever they are as being the main problem or the sole culprit with things like "The only bad people I see have XXX tag", which just makes me laugh.
    Wowjustwow likes this.
  10. ThenaEQ Augur

no we are a tourist guild get it right
  11. Lateryn Augur

If your GL says they didn't try on LJ(which they did, and tried hard) and lost, which wasn't instanced. Then they say they will go hardcore on phinny(which had instances) but got destroyed again by AoS, what does that say? Instance or not, there is/was/can be competition for open world mobs. Instances give you 1 kill a week, which is very slow comparatively if you get every open world mob.
  12. Ellis Elder

Every guild has bad apples but some guilds actually try to limit that behavior, address it, and even kick other players for bad behavior. And if you think that doesn't happen or isn't happening, you're just ignorant to that fact. If Faceless addresses those things and discourages behavior, that'd be news to me, from what I "hear" in game they have no policies along those lines. I could be wrong there, and I hope I am. Doesn't change the fact that almost all of the players that I've observed being what I would consider "toxic" have been Faceless.
    I've also had positive interactions with Faceless, to be fair, but I tend to (perhaps naively) expect most people to be friendly and cooperative.
    Orxbane likes this.
  13. Protocol Dragon Defender

Wipes happen, and they don't embarrass me. Especially when you're doing a server first raid 50 or 60 hours into a server with a bunch of under leveled naked characters who die in one rain or two AE's against MoTM targets.

The idea that Lockjaw wasn't competitive is absurd. During classic almost the majority of content was contested. I'm actually proud to have raided alongside / against the guilds that were on LJ during Classic. We were trapped in a pressure cooker of four targets for six months and while not everyone could win, they all did a pretty stand up job.
  14. Watchyoursix New Member

I didn't play on LJ, I didn't play much on Phinny. I played on Fippy and Sleeper and maybe for a month on Phinny. It depends on how you are looking at it. If you are taking into account that AoS was using ShowEQ and all the madness to "beat" the competition then I wouldn't really say that is winning. Even now, a good portion of players in Faceless are trying to bend whatever the ruleset is on these servers. A handful of them use ShowEQ, a handful of them RMT, a handful of them probably use virtual machines. In most places of competition, you'd be disqualified. Since not many people care here besides the people that joined the top guild for a reason, not too many people give a about the race or disqualifications.
  15. Watchyoursix New Member

Also I don't blame only Faceless for this, this is the common conception for people who are in the top guilds. They take this game as a race and will do whatever to "win" and kill more than others. Recruit XXX amount of players, Use ShowEQ, Train in VT, etc. I lost this drive a long time ago with the Fippy SK wars and realized that unless you are truly devoted to this game, some nut job is always going to go harder in the paint then you and not always by the rulebook.
  16. Protocol Dragon Defender

On Agnarr moreso than any other server I have played on I can honestly say there is no competition to be had. Thats not a shot at anyone, its just a laid back server. All the "racing" I came into the server with was aimed at beating our own goals and benchmarks. Maybe things will change in the future though.

As far as all your other claims, thats just conjecture as far as I know.
  17. Wowjustwow Elder

Totally agree; LJ was a lot of fun...a bit of a drama-fest but, a lot of fun.

For this AgentofChange dude to imply that Faceless only thrives on servers with no competition is absurd considering Lockjaw had more true competition in classic than I have ever seen or heard of on any server. The reason I say true competition is because the whole SK HT illegal program fest or Pet-walling on previous servers is just not true competition in my eyes.

It's hilarious that this AgentofChange dude is still so bitter though. I am surprised that he didn't list out the numbers that we had when we wiped to the bees considering he knew our exact numbers on our other 2 wipes/mishaps.

Man would I love to see anyone take down Vox/Naggy/Phinny with fine steel weapons and banded armor with little to no resists or haste items with less than 72 people (I say 72 because probably 1/4 to half of the 90 person raid was under level 46). People talk trash about how many it takes to server first Vox/Naggy when they don't realize that planar armor doesn't exist at that point on the server. The hole doesn't even exist for some ok caster gear.
    I was proud to kill vox/naggy in that garbage gear and even with 90 people, it takes some coordination considering the circumstances around the kill.
  18. Watchyoursix New Member

You never know, although right now it's pretty much a joke. I think Faceless has absorbed majority of the serious players (since there wasn't many other options) for raiding. I'm more so just disappointed that everyone who played previous TLP's took the path of least resistance and just jumped on the band wagon once you guys had a good majority of raiders. Everyone likes having a bunch of friends in the guild but 700-800 members is just absurd. Instancing the TLP's kinda ruined this since most people went with the common concept of "well it doesn't matter how big the guild gets and we don't really want to have to fight over mobs so..... if we get a couple hundred members, we will just split raid." This basically put a chokehold on any guild wanting to limit their size and therefore, created one mega guild that has no competition.

On my other claims, it's just common sense. I can go to RG and find people who I KNOW are in Faceless. This isn't restricted to just Faceless but, you'll probably get more money if you are since it isn't hard to lock-down high cash camps with 50% of the server in one guild. Not knocking you guys, just stating what I've observed these servers have become.
  19. Watchyoursix New Member

Vox and Naggy are easily still done with 40 people around 40+ with banded and fine steel. Charmed pets, In/Out calls make a lot of this content trivial if you have at least 30 people who are competent.
  20. Protocol Dragon Defender

Who has 700-800 members? I've never seen a guild of that size. Our full roster with alts, boxes and lots of casual FnF players is at like 200. Our raids range from 40 to 80 depending on the time and if boxes are brought.

Not only are we not the biggest guild, we're not even the biggest "raiding" guild. We just have the highest concentration of level 50's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.