Face and hair problems with illusions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Casquette, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Casquette Journeyman

Face and hair don't stay consistent when viewing your own character under racial illusion vs someone else viewing your character; also not consistent after dropping illusion buff; also not consistent after zoning. We have the ability to set our own facial features, but that functionality doesn't do much good if what we see isn't what other players see, and/or it changes after zoning.

Not sure how many different player races this problem occurs with, but my gnome rogue likes to use illusion vah shir, and there is one particular vah shir face style I like, but since my face style won't stay consistent, I don't know what to set my face to and have it stick.

Here is my face after casting illusion vah shir. This is what other players see, too.
    [IMG]

Here is my face after zoning when I look at myself. Totally different appearance. Other players don't see this appearance. So what do I really look like, the first vah shir or the second one?
    [IMG]

Here is me after dismissing vah shir illusion buff. The hair is completely wrong.
    [IMG]

Here is what my hair is supposed to look like.
    [IMG]

Aarrgghh.
    Aldwen likes this.
  2. Bassist New Member

I searched 'face' to see if my problem was already posted, and I think it's close enough to piggy-back.

First, I think your issue is related to mine, which I'll get to in a second. When you click an illusion, it seems to default to a certain face. For instance, using Guktan illusion always gives me the light green skin with black spots and I use the Face button to choose the one I like. I assume that, when you zone, it reverts to the default face when you use the illusions. When I choose the face I like and click accept, it tends to show it to other players. I'm playing a warrior on Phinigel, so I don't have the illusion persistence through zoning and I assume you're a bard or rogue.

For my issue: When I click the Face button, it very often closes and leaves me with whichever face I had selected. That face usually isn't the one that is shown to other players. Other players only see the face I select when I can actually click 'Accept.'

The 2 bugs that seem to be related are that illusion face selections don't persist through zoning and/or clicking off illusions and that when using the Face window, it closes unexpectedly and doesn't save the selected face.