Extreme toxicity

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tensor_Fippy, May 24, 2015.

1. Tensor_Fippy Journeyman

Malachi - Maywen incident : So I get that DBG doesn't want to deal with everyone in game issue like people complaining about someone training a group or small issues but when someone is being toxic to a whole zone of 90+ people and spamming people calling them racist / homophobic names and being aloud to continue to do it for over 5 hours last night is ridiculous. I'm so very pleased with all the hard work DBG has done getting the server up and running but something needs to be done about extreme abuse like this. Even newer companies like Riot had to take a huge step to remove people like this, sadly its just how a lot of communities have become. Riot has been very effective with the 0 tolerance and using automated banning systems with instant 14 day to perm bans to year 2500 lol. Perm bans of course are reviewed by a human before action is set in. Anyways, I really hope action is taken against toxic people like this on the server.
  2. Goodnews Augur

Well when a culture continues to remove a system that has served as the basis for morality since forever, there is no personal etiquette/governor keeping people in check when anonymity abounds.

The evidence is empirical. But it is frustrating, yes. I was taught to love my neighbor, bless my enemies. That will make a community.

No rules, no right/wrong, everything is normal destroys it.
    Lemuelbaruch likes this.
  3. Dumbster Journeyman

Don't worry though, they are putting all their resources into banning people like Kungen for training a Twisted Legacy boxer two times.
  4. Ludicrus New Member

Welcome to OLD EQ, we requested maximum nostalgia and ........................WE GOT IT!!! ( the worst of it).
    Players training others to get camps, camp hogs, players stealing camps by claiming you trained them out of the camp, name calling, etc etc etc and much worse now with Nagafen being defeated in just a couple of days???
    Get ready for Epic mobs to be camped 24/7, raid mobs also, I'm just a casual player, not one of these 24 hour types who has no life ( or job either apparently), but the rudeness is there.

The only thing they did right that I see so far is the lower zones have multiple instances , so if I run across a bunch of idiots, I can always move to another less populated instance. However that will only last so long, I'm bound to run into them again later on.

Also don't forget that there is an actual money economy that uses EQ, so a lot players you see getting high levels quick are going to be the future plat farmers for this server, and if you don't believe me, I have some cheap swamp land in the Everglades you might like to buy..