Extra-Life Incentives for 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Aug 22, 2023.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

There are many reasons to donate, but here are some additional reasons. These tiles are near the main entrance at Children's and I pass these tiles and many others as I walk to the NICU. These little people have suffered various sorts of trauma. They do need help.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Hobs, Marton, Grove and 1 other person like this.
  2. Genjo Lorekeeper

So let me understand, you upset with my eagerness to increase the donations to help sick kids and provide more resources and how knowing that some folks wont donate if they dont see the benefits I try to encourage Daybreak to scale the rewards more to encourage folks to keep donating.

I am almost to 1k donations from my friends and family, I believe in this effort and I am trying to help get more people to donate. So yes I have posted a few times to keep people thinking about it.

<can't win with some folks>
    demi and Grove like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

4. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The first batch of Keys have been sent out! These are for donations made up to October 1, so if you donated after this date you will not have received your keys yet.

Please be sure to check the email which you used for your donation! You will have keys for both EQ and EQII.

To add a Key to an Account:
    1. Go to https://www.daybreakgames.com. Hover the mouse over “Enter Activation Code” under “Log in”, and then click to sign in.
    2. Log in with your Daybreak Username and Password.
    3. After logging in, enter the code or key in the text box, and click "GO!"
    4. Congratulations! You just added the key to your Daybreak Account, and you should see the list of features that the key gives you.
    Memnoch9299 likes this.
  5. eqgamer Augur

I donated 250.00 on two separate occasions using two separate emails (both prior to 1 Oct) but neither address have received email. Are they still forthcoming? If not, who do we contact to resolve? Thank you.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

You would need to contact Extra Life if you do not receive them by tomorrow latest please.
    eqgamer likes this.
  7. Aene New Member

Sorry, I'm having a bit of confusion with the wording of the incentive tiers. I would absolutely love to do the blue hat on five toons, but I don't really care about the braxi mount or any of the rest of the stuff. I'm a bit limited on cash after purchasing the expansions, so I'm wondering what the best way would be to go about this? If I contribute $250 in one shot - would that equate to 5 hat keys? or only 4? Would it be better to do five individual $50 donations? If yes, should I do that with separate email addresses or can I use the same one? The example shows that if I did $305, I'd get 3 keys for a whole set of the items, which implies that I'd only get 3 hat keys if I did $250 at once.
  8. Ephyr Lorekeeper

Hi Aene,

You have a few options.

250$ will get you 3 hats as a straight donation. The rewards are per 100$ cycle. So 250$ would be 3 50$ rewards, it's not per 50$, it resets per 100$. So you'd get a hat at 50, 150, and 250. So 3 hats there. Setting up a fundraiser and doing this and joining the team will also get you the merc. Otherwise you could try to do 5 individual donations of 50$, but I am not confident that would net a different result as Extra Life sets these as aggregate donations when it is calculated. Angeliana may be able to confirm this one, but being familiar with the platform these are usually all clumped together, I don't believe they will be counted separately unless they are made from separate e-mails entirely.

As another option, if you want to donate 250$ through my portal, I will send you 5 hats today from my stash. You'll also get your additional 3 hats later for your donation, just these would be sent by DPG and Extra Life during their next send out time. Just look up my fundraiser through the team. You don't need to send your codes back to me when you receive them. Just consider them a bonus for supporting the cause! Thanks for considering supporting the charity. You can look up Ephyr on the team roster if you'd like.
    Yinla, demi and Hobs like this.
  9. demi Augur

Hiya Ephyr , just wanted to say you are awesome with your donations and what you do for the cause !!

I had a few questions I'm hoping you can clear up .. I want the contract for $250 .. I understand you have to be a fundraiser to get this reward .. so If I make my own page and donate thru my page 250 that would qualify ? also could i do 3 $100 donations through my page or does it have to be the 1 time donation of $250 ? cause as Aene mentions with the new expansion ordered for multiple accounts im shy on cash right now to come up with the whole 250.. but I can do the 3 $100 over the course of the next few weeks .. also I really want one of your ducks from last year :p
    thanks for your time .. and keep up the awesome job .. its a great cause ..
  10. Ephyr Lorekeeper

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it! For the merc reward, yes, you need to setup your own fundraiser, and most importantly join the team. You can do the donations separately they do not need to be all at once. One important thing to note that I think a lot of people miss with the Merc and the fundraiser rewards in particular is that these rewards are intended to incentivize fundraising itself. You do not need to donate 250$ yourself to earn them. You can make your own fundraiser, chip in an amount and reach out to friends, family, co-workers etc to help you achieve that goal. Since it's YOUR fundraiser that 250$ reward code will be sent to the email of whoever setup that particular donation page. So, it's not something you need to front everything yourself. Something you can get creative with. I do a few things at work with it, my wife and I raised 620$ at a bake sale, family has certainly chipped in. Plenty of options outside of just needing to get the Merc yourself, so get crazy with it!

As an additional tip, as this is something I tackled the first year I started doing this. One of the things I noticed is that people who do not play games may feel uncomfortable having their name associated with a video game and/or online charity, especially if it's not their hobby or something they are familiar with. I always highlight a few things for those people. There is an option in Extra Life for ANY donor to make a donation anonymously. Fundraisers can also keep their donation lists private as well, this is something I do, just because of the mixed source of a lot of the donors I do have. Just some helpful tips in the event these issues come up that might help sway some potential supporters for you!
    Yinla, Hobs and demi like this.
  11. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

UPDATE 10/24 - Stretch goal!
    • $125,000 - 200% bonus experience gains, 200% more likely rare spawns, 155% more loot, 100% increased coins, 100% increased alternate currency, 40% decreased collections spawn rate, and 100% bonus evolving item exp.
  12. Knifen Augur

To your knowledge is there anything affected that would not see the 155% loot increase, say if one where to complete GMM 1 could we see 2 Sinister Ornaments in the chest, VP Mounts?
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  13. Thunderkiks Augur

FS saw 3 VP mounts in one chest
    Sigrune likes this.
  14. Knifen Augur

We did too, nice lil perk on the multiple mounts. I wonder if the Dain Monster missions can drop multiple "a Portion of a Coldain Historical Seal" per chest, could get it done for a few at once.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  15. Kobos New Member

What are the chances the event gets extended like last year?
    Sigrune likes this.
  16. BubbaBlaze New Member

WTB .
    Sigrune likes this.
  17. Bemia New Member

The goal was $100k (which was met), then $125k (which was also met). Current total is around $164.5k. We shall see.
  18. Kobos New Member

Fingers crossed
  19. Marton Augur

I think we did very well this year and I was hoping for few more days.

Still didn't get the cube :( but alts got about 34653 DA clickies!
  20. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The second batch of Keys are being sent out! These are for donations made from October 2nd through November 5th, so if you donated after this date you will not have received your keys yet.

Please be sure to check the email which you used for your donation! You will have keys for both EQ and EQII.

To add a Key to an Account:
    1. Go to https://www.daybreakgames.com. Hover the mouse over “Enter Activation Code” under “Log in”, and then click to sign in.
    2. Log in with your Daybreak Username and Password.
    3. After logging in, enter the code or key in the text box, and click "GO!"
    4. Congratulations! You just added the key to your Daybreak Account, and you should see the list of features that the key gives you.
    Thunderkiks, Cidran and Fanra like this.