Exterminate the Unnatural

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tinywolf, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Tinywolf New Member

I love this nuke but there's not a whole lot of consistency in which mobs are flagged as Summoned.

Example:

During the HH Naggy Raid, only one of the Aspects (the Aspect of Flame) could be nuked using this spell. When I tried casting this on the other Aspects, I just got the "this spell cannot be used on this type of creature" message.

Is there a general rule I can follow as to which mobs are considered Summoned? Pets or stuff that has a pet graphic seem obvious - Arch Mage's pet in Rot/some mobs in BoT. But beyond that, almost nothing in Zam is labelled as Summoned. Even the Aspect of Flame in Naggy is listed as Monster not Summoned, but it looks like a really cool mage pet.

It seems to me that I used this spell line occasionally in PoP and content prior to that. I may be misremembering but I thought this spell line used to be usable on creatures like golems, gargoyles, constructs. But the stuff that might be considered unnatural in Neriak is just labelled Monster, so am I stuck with trying it on every mob I think it might work on?

That the Aspect of Flame is a proper target for this spell while the other Aspects are not, is infuriating. It makes no sense. Or maybe it makes no sense only to me, and is working as intended /sigh
  2. guado Augur

"pets" summoned by NPCs in Plane of War are also not "summoned"
    :confused:

My guess? Lack of attention to detail. At first I thought, "Well maybe it's because the newer bane-summoned spells have a banish element to them."

If they didn't want us to banish a summoned mob, just make it immune to banish.
  3. Dorf Journeyman

The "banish" does make the mob disappear, it only does bonus damage to the mob.
  4. Drewie Augur

I remember a dev saying a few years ago that there was no automatic mechanism to flag new mobs as "summoned", so basically you had to file a /bug to report that a mob should be flagged as such.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  5. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

This is similar to a lot of ghost/shade/spirit type mobs not being flagged as undead. If it floats and is semi-transparent, is a skeleton, etc. it should be flagged as undead.

Mob pets should be coded as summoned. Undead types should be coded as undead. Golems should be coded as constructs. Mobs with actual heads should be headshot-able and decap-able. Mobs with backs should be backstab-able.

The list of common sense stuff could go on indefinitely. This is EQ, common sense doesn't apply here.
  6. Mugsie Elder

Do the math on your anti summoned spells vs regular usage and they simply aren't worth loading unless you are dealing with a unique situation of resists AND a mob actually marked summoned. Summoned does block druids' skin leaf debuff (decent fire damage amp), so honestly, you come out ahead on raid mobs or any named / script that its worth debuffing by a mob NOT being marked summoned. Anti summoned is a dead line and either could be fixed, or preferably dropped.

Mugsie
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Tinywolf, I sent you a PM.