Exploring Shard's Landing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by shiftie, Dec 6, 2012.

1. shiftie Augur

I am on the kill portions of the quest.

I have killed 76 Naeya and the:

"Gather a sample from a Naeya" is still showing 0/1 and will not update. Is this task bugged/broken?

I don't think it should take this long to update a kill task.
  2. Greymantle Augur

Actually if you read the info on the task , it specifys that you need the potions to get the sample. You need to kill more snakes/bugs to get them. You need one per sample so its more than just kill one snake/bug.
  3. Nedrom Augur

I completed this quest today without any issues. Greym is correct! You need multiple potions.
  4. smash Augur

But the description of task itself is bad, having the "optional" steps.
    Instead it should have had: kill 9 snakes, kill 9 pests and collect 9 snake things and collect 9 pest things.
    Optional steps are bad, when they really are only confusing.
  5. Nedrom Augur

It's not hard to figure out that you need one potion for each creature. It's very well worded already.
  6. shiftie Augur

The portion of the task window that explains that bit of nonsense was shrunk to make room for all the tasks I have and was cross checking to make sure I was being efficient by doing as many as I could at once.

One shouldn't have to read a spoiler at the bottom to decipher the task though.

If the task reads:

Kill casual player 1/1
    Kill endgamer 0/10
    Hail Easter Egg Name 0/1

I'm going to move step by step through the task. If it wants you to kill 10 casual players so that you can have enough bitterness and hatred collected to be able to kill 10 endgamers as a prerequisite - The task should read:

Kill casual player 1/10
    Kill endgamer 0/10
    Hail Poorly setup task 0/1

Not the other way around.

/shrug I got it sorted, and as an afterthought they should probably change it.
  7. Greymantle Augur

Or maybe they are checking to see if anyone actully reads the info they put in :)
    Tarvas likes this.
  8. Nedrom Augur

This whole thread was created because the task itself wasn't read? Who woulda thought.

Reading the task is always a good thing before you start it.

It's a ridiculously easy task and this level 90 monk that returned from a year off did it on the first try without issue! In group gear even!