Exploiting Loot Gains Via /pick

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Throndor, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Throndor Augur

Pickzoning should move the character back to the safe spot at the zone in. With the feature currently designed to copy player location into the new instance, people are mass exploiting dungeons by killing loot mobs, pickzoning and killing alternate loot mobs in different instances with little effort paid toward clearing to or engaging anything but loot mobs and their ph. This practice is especially dominate in the wee hours, where instances of Lguk whiddle down to less than 10 players per instance, exploiting the pickzone feature to flood the market with easily duplicated loot gains.

Furthermore, pickzoning in the newly implemented non-raid boss zones can also be exploited to bypass elements of the game such as being forced to engage a boss with it's allies (phinny lair, clear starfish in non-instanced, pickzone from the bottom of phinny's lair and engage him solo)

Lastly, in future expansions pickzoning can and will be used to bypass a number of elements which increase the difficulty, or competitive features of engaging raid bosses. (pickzoning into the back of trak's room to avoid tolapumj and golem adds, anyone?)

There's very little reason why pickzoning should continue to copy a player's location, and plenty of reasons why it should relocate the group to the succor point.

Thank you,
    Throndor
    Axxius, Jordis, Glistarian and 8 others like this.
  2. crag79 Augur

Won't the Fish engage with Phinny anyway?
  3. Oakengroves New Member

The original post is an excellent post. Agreed.
    Jordis and Fallfyres like this.
  4. Banuvan Augur

Is that going to matter with multiple raids from multiple guilds there? I mean really.
  5. Bufonidae Elder

It does look like a very exploitable set up the way it stands.
  6. crag79 Augur

I was just commenting on his post about pickzoning. The fish won't be there one way or another.
  7. Throndor Augur

It does matter though. It is incredibly detrimental as this game moves forward for this feature not to be adjusted. The reason why mithril 2 handers dropped from 2k to 750p is because I, and a handful of others, have generated several hundred of them using this method. Yesterday, I sold 4 mithril 2handers 5 tome's, 4 platinum tiaras, and 4 crown of the froglok kings, obtained over the course of 3 hours exploting king room in this fasion at 2am pacific time.
    HoneyBadger666 likes this.
  8. Ishbu Augur

The basic point to this, is that pickzoning should put you at the zone in or succor point of the zone. That actually makes perfect sense. Im open to reasonable reasons why that wouldnt be a good thing, but cant think of any myself right now.
  9. Throndor Augur

This feature needs to move players to the safe spot. It was good in theory, but way too exploitable.
  10. Ishbu Augur

You had a solid point already, dont make multiple threads for the same thing. Its a good way to get ignored/locked.
  11. crag79 Augur

Needed another thread for this? you already started one.
  12. Throndor Augur

Title wasn't attention grabbing enough.
  13. Lennyn Elder

In almost every zone it's pretty easy to run back to where you were with invisibility.
  14. Throndor Augur

It takes time, and in camps like King where there are see invis along the way, requires clearing to the camp, which again, takes more time.
  15. Ishbu Augur

So then there is no reason to oppose the idea.
  16. Lennyn Elder

So what? Most who are instance hopping to farm loot will have their own bot armies with them anyway.
  17. Agrippa Augur

While I agree with this, it's cute that the OP made who knows how many thousands exploiting this, then comes to the boards to get it nerfed after the fact.
  18. Throndor Augur

Yep, it's inarguble to defend the feature as it currently stands. This is coming from the mouth of someone who has extensively used the current feature to his own benefit. It wasn't until about 2 days ago that I started thinking....wow this is really exploitative, then I noticed that no one had even brought it up on the forums yet just a few minutes ago. it's a pink elephant, and it's standing in the corner. It needs to be addressed for the health of the game longterm.

Regards,
    Throndor
  19. Ishbu Augur

If it takes 5min to invis up, run back to the camp safely, there is that much more time they have to plan for to grab the mob when it spawns before the group already camping there is. The idea of this isnt to remove the possibility of hopping instances for loot, but to deter the people who are swooping in and stealing camps from groups who have been set up there already.
  20. Throndor Augur

Are you defending the feature as it stands? Even with a box army they would still have to reclear to the marquise loot camps with see invis in the way. it reestablishes the complications and difficulties intrinsic to and intentionally designed for said content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.