Experience back from Corpse?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by MarcusD, Oct 12, 2020.

1. MarcusD New Member

Do you not get xp back when you loot your corpse anymore? Is a rez required to get back xp?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Short answer is yes. Long answer here comes from,

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:rez

"Rez is short for resurrection. When a player dies, he loses a significant amount of level experience gained. Until the the Guild Lobby was introduced (and thus, the ability to summon one's corpse immediately), the player's corpse and gear remained where he fell, but the player is returned to their "bind" point naked. The player needed to return to the zone in which he died to retrieve his corpse and gear. Ressurection needed to be done in that zone to restore most of the lost experience.
    Rez can refer to anything from reanimation (a cleric's level twelve spell that simply returns you to your corpse with no experience return) all the way to Reviviscence which provides you with a 96% return of lost experience from the death. There are many variations of rezz's that have increasing percentages of experience returned. Clerics have the best resurrection spells, with paladins providing experience returns not far behind but topping at 90%. There are additional forms of rez's including items with a clickable effect and alternate abilities."
  3. MarcusD New Member

Ok thanks. I remember looting your corpse used to regain you around 50% of the xp lost, I guess that was removed at some point as it doesn't really look like corpses can even be looted (looting it doesn't make the corpse disappear).
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Must be thinking of a different game or something. Looting your corpse has never returned any xp. That has always required a resurrection. If you want to get rid of one of your own corpses without rezzing it just to clear the corpse out of the way, target it and /decay.
    Annastasya and Duder like this.
  5. Finfan Augur

At level 59 Druids get Incarnate Anew that is a 90% Rez. Also, I don't know when it was instituted but you always respawn with all of your gear now. If you don't want to, there is no reason to return to where you died.
  6. Kulaking New Member

I think the OP is thinking of Dark Age Of Camelot
  7. Shillingworth Augur

The only benefit this game ever had looting your corpse is recovering your armor before the game was changed to keep inventory.