Expending Kronos

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brohg, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

I would like if players had the ability to "cash in" Kronos for pay-related services other than All-Access time. Specifically, to burn three of them for expansion access, and one at a time to advance veteran eligibility by a year.

If it were up to me, as an aside, the NPC broker for such a transaction would be terribly inconvenient, such that a player would have to seek it very deliberately, since the trade involves such a direct analogue for real expenditure.
    Pinecone likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Would be cool too if they could be converted into Station Cash
    Pinecone and Romance like this.
  3. Hayzeus Augur

well... when you burn a krono for 30-days all access time, it comes with a 500SC claim iirc? I know it's not exactly what you meant, but at least there is some SC thrown in along with a month of gold.
  4. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I really like the idea of trading them for veteran rewards because I'd like a way to increase vet rewards. More than that, I'd like a way to take platinum out of the game. I would love, love, love 3 raid level augs placed on a vendor for 300k a piece so that each hardcore raider has to take 1M pp out of the game. This would do wonders for our economy IMO.
    Pinecone likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

One million pp is nothing especially with the botters.
  6. Hayzeus Augur

Corwyhn is correct. 300kpp is barely pocket change nowadays. With rare chase loots selling between 2 and 10 million each (depending on the piece), a raid level aug that did NOT start at around 1mpp would be very underpriced. Depending on the aug, I could see some going as high as 2mpp. Even then... heck... they may still be underpriced, but it's likely a very subjective topic.

Regardless of the price attached to it, however, you'd have many raiders crying foul about how people are buying raid items that they didn't earn.

Although I just re-read your post, and it specifically says that Raiders would be taking 1mpp out of the game. Maybe you were anticipating the augs only being available to raiders in exchange for platinum? I'm not sure how the mechanics of that would work, but it seems to be what you are driving at. I'm not sure why a raider would pay 1mpp for an aug that they could just earn through raiding? I suspect more clarity is required as to who the end customer would be for your idea of vendor purchased augs.

Either way... raid level augs would have to sell for over 1mpp each before it started making any real impact on the platinum in the system.

Further... I'm not convinced that it's the raiders who are the real multi-millionaires. I would say it's the toons that farm attunable or tradeskill items to sell in the bazaar that are the real millionaires. If you only sell raid aug stuff to raiders... it's not going to address the real platinum swirling through the system.

Aaaand, to finish off... if it was only 3 augs available... you're looking at removing a maximum of 3-6mpp from one toon (depending on pricing). That still isn't really going to dent the bank account of the rich and famous. In all honesty, that's only really one month's profits from an active trader.