Expansions?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Braxton, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Braxton Lorekeeper

Okay...

I have 18 expansions, most recent on the list is "Veil of Alaris"

I am level 3, when should I need to buy the newly released expansion (which to the best of my knowledge will also cover the expansions I am also missing)?
  2. Riou EQResource

You wont need it until you hit 95, though the Features in RoF and CotF are pretty nice to have :)
  3. Rauven Augur

You can start doing Heroic Adventurers at 85. HA's are the hidden gem of exp and gear in EQ right now. I'm surprised more people don't suggest them. I think it has to do with it being unknown to most since they don't have COTF yet.
  4. Blacksunempire Journeyman

HA's are incredibly terrible exp pre-95, and arent even that great AT 95. Youre better off doing a Hotzone than doing HA's pre-95.
  5. Icaen Elder

No, I have to agree HAs are the way to go. They aren't the absolute fastest way to level, but in half a night I got half of a level @ 97. And I got Marks, which is important. If you run HAs to 100, you will be able to purchase all you need from the Marks vendors.
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

and he said pre 95
  7. Rauven Augur

That's not true. The exp isn't bad, especially if you have a decent group. But really you just need three people and some mercs. Even if a HZ is slightly better exp. You won't be able to get the marks of valor to get the gear doing a HZ. You're going to have to do the HAs anyway.

Right now getting from halfway into 86 up to 88 on my cleric, I've gotten 1500 marks. At this rate I'll have a full set of 90 gear at 90. Then I'll be running them for AAs (in addition to dailies) before leveling again to 100. In the time it takes to do all that I'll have a full set of 100 gear when I hit level 100.

So by the time I'm 100, I can probably duo those HAs on my cleric and run them a few times to grab a few AAs and then I'm ready for all the 100 content.
  8. silku Augur

I can take my 100 sk and my 92 shaman, add in my 100 wiz and the shaman gets about 15-20% a run through a 30 minute HA. That's a yellow + an hour. You might get faster than that elsewhere, but not for the ease of killing, ease of getting the task, and the ease of getting gear upgrades.