Expansion Unlocks Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gunchou, May 4, 2020.

1. Kanuvan Elder

would rather have kunark be a 5 monther tbh, keep the game strong before POP sends half of the playerbase to the next server

because this is a 2 box max server classic can remain at 3 months since leveling will be slower for the individual (less boxes to power level you), no reason to rush out expansions when people will not be ready for them at all, game should never cater to a tiny 5% community that rushes and complains about lack of content
  2. Ishbu Augur

I do wish they would try some different unlock schedules when they release new TLPs each year.

2 months seems like a popular idea to try for one. Classic crams everyone into the same couple zones for those 3 months and gets very toxic. Kunark tends to drag on the same. Velious to me is the worst of the bunch. With no level cap increase, no AA's, no new classes, and just conquering the doldrums of the lengthy classic and kunark, people are tired of making new characters and there just isnt anything to do, so I would like to see Kunark + Velious launch together sometime, if not a classic-velious release in the first place.
  3. That0neguy Augur

Do people not realize that after PoP 80% of the expansions are only 2 months?
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Not a single person in this thread is discussing unlock schedule a year from now, we are talking about for the release of new servers to get through the first handful of expansions that have been played to death.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seems like those asking for a 2 month unlock schedule aren't even looking at LDoN, which is where the 8 week expansions start, or expansions after it.

I can see some benefit to the suggestion though, if only because it will kill the myth of TLP dying after PoP which none have.

Here's what I would suggest for next Year's Truebox TLP

Live XP
    GMs
    2 box per person cap.

Double loot from AoC/DZ Raids
    5 day dz lockouts

Expansion Unlock Schedule:
    Classic 6 weeks
    RoK 8 Weeks
    SoV 6 weeks
    SoL 6 weeks
    PoP+LoY 8 weeks
    LDoN 4 weeks
    GoD 6 weeks
    OoW 8 weeks
    DoN 4 weeks
    DoDH 6 weeks
    PoR 6 weeks
    TSS 8 weeks
    TBS 6 weeks
    SoF 8 weeks - and all expansions after @ 8 weeks.
    Cohhfarmage likes this.
  6. Terranos Elder

Probably because after PoP 80% of the population evaporates
  7. That0neguy Augur

So why did anyone care if it was PoP locked or not if they weren't interested in any of the expansions beyond?
    MattThePhat and Skuz like this.
  8. taurious lifetakir New Member

agreed 2 mnths ftw!
  9. Trevalon Augur

Funny, classic is the one expansion I'm cool with 3 months. Classic is my favorite by far. Kunark is a pretty meh expansion if ya ask me, raids are too far, zones are too big, big pile of meh.

This is why we will never agree on this. But that being said, Id be interested in a 8-10 Week unlock schedule for sure.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Kalipto Augur

I couldn't agree more. 3 months is way too long. There just isn't enough content to last. Especially since we've done it so many times we've seen it all and know right where to go.

I'd love Aradune to be the longest lasting TLP. But if nothing changes, it'll die in pop like the rest. And not because pop is bad. Pop is the best expac period. but we spend basically 6 months in it (because of LDON). And despite it being the best, it's still too much time.
  11. mark Augur

2 months unlock double loot then ykeshia don and pop opening at the same time 3 months of it then back to 2 months always double loot.why pop etc 3 months because of the keying issues.
  12. Neemo1983 Journeyman

No thanks i have a life
  13. Bard2019 Elder

If they happen to open a third server this time around due to crowding, I really hope it's a 2 month unlock timer. It would be perfect.
  14. TheChosenOne Augur

I think he meant more that there will never be another tribute server to the late, great Brad McQuad... that might help some with longevity on Aradune, but ultimately you're going to get the TLP addicts to start new next year on a new TLP
  15. Lateryn Augur

Because people don't like to be "forced" into something even if the majority will make that decision anyway.
  16. TheChosenOne Augur

first time ive done a classic launch TLP.. started on Coirnav when i first found out about TLPs, and Coirnav just happened to be the newest one so I joined there not realizing how dreadful the XP was going to be. When i joined Coirnav it had just hit Luclin, but in 3 months I was able to get level 60, and get quite a bit of raid gear including the VT neck before PoP released, as well as get my Bard epic done

Granted this was before my son was born and I had a TON of time to burn on EQ.. so im a little concerned with 3 months being too long (especially with PoP/LDON... ugh!),especially since im not sure if ill be heavily raiding again.

Selos was a bit too fast.. i was able to keep up with it, but it was too fast and not very fun rushing to keep up with the 4 week releases

Those are the only 2 TLPs ive played.. Coirnav right as Luclin hit, and then Selos which started in Luclin.. so this will be a blast to the past for me, but overall just general concerns with how small the world is in Classic.. and how i'll occupy my time for 3 months when it likely only takes a couple weeks to hit level 50 casually
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Let me know if you need help with those 6 massive bully Orcs who are twisting your arms behind your back forcing you to play on a proposed 2 month unlock server.....I am sure I can persuade them to let you play on a server with longer unlocks if there is one...oh look there are many for you to try.
  18. Duality Augur

Exp is too fast on selo, as is the unlock timers. Great for those that want to be locked behind a little, but not hard to pull 300+ aa a day there in current expansions. 2 Months and a little less xp would be awesome. That way there is still a reason to see the content rather than just progression and done.
  19. Sanguinar New Member

2 months would be perfect.
  20. Healiez Augur

2 month unlocks with double loot drops from raids
    Increase AA experience gains
    slightly increase rare spawn chance from omens onward (this is necessary to actually get your spells in a reasonable time)
    exceptions
    LDoN opens 1 month into pop and doesnt delay the GoD launch
    DoN opens 1 month into omens and doesnt delay the DoDh launch
    PoR opens 1 month into DoDh and doesnt delay the TSS launch.