Expansion sale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Aug 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alnitak Augur

The logic escapes me: for my 3 alts accounts I can buy 3x new basic expansions in, say, December for $32 per account (all access discount + taxes), or I can wait till next September and buy the discounted expansion for (in best case of 50% off) $18 ea. That is savings of $42 for 9 months of limited gameplay.
    $4.70 per month to avoid frustration. To me - it's a VERY cheap price.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not all about the base version- he keeps referring to complaining about the difference between 25% off vs 50% off on last year's expansion - and he is right that on the $34 it is not a whole lot.

BUT many of us are talking about the Prem or Family and friends where the 50% discount is well over $100.

As opposed to 25% which would only give a $60 discount

It is not anyone else's place to call others cheap just because they cannot afford what you buy with a blink.

If those who do have that much money to throw around then feel feel to buy the family and friends and I will be THAT friend!!!!
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Expansions do not affect unlimited gameplay. Subscriptions do that.

Again those of you spouting about it not being much and only $18 if you buy the basic version are just as cheap as others are. Why is no one saying "Oh I buy 3 of the Premium Editions and only pay $105 each - when with the 50% you would only pay $70 each

Buy the 4 wheel drive all options pick up/suv or buy the Nissan Altima.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Great point, also there's a market for upgrading an expansion to a more premium version. Larger discounts add more enticement to get that illusion or portal clicky that the account has been without.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In fairness, one can argue that the Collector and Premium Editions do not lose value over time as they have very unique illusions and mounts. Case-in-point is that Darkpaw has been charging $70+ for un-vaulted Collector Editions.

One can argue people who are tight on money shouldn't be in a position to buy multiple Premium Editions.

I see Collector and Premium Editions as a way of crowd funding the game and subsidizing Free-to-Pay on EQ1.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Please, never work for a business.
    Niskin and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Touche.

Skrab: Forum member since 13 January 2021. Are you someone I've already put on ignore but circumventing that with a new account?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You One could argue he is just someone who did not have anything to say until this year:D
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

He is trolling me in many of the posts. It sounds like he is someone circumventing my ignore or was previously banned on the forums.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I had one of the old boards, I can PM you the old account name. I take a lot of breaks from EQ. Dabble around in Live and some TLPs, been enjoying FF14 but EQ is still home.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

ToV I purchased 4X preorder base, 1 gifted to me for Xmas
    No upgrade in September as the discount wasn't enough.
    Usually I upgrade 1 or 2 accounts in September, but last year I did nothing.

Instead I purchased a premium preorder CoV in October and was gifted a standard for xmas.At that time I didn't thing CoV was worth getting for the other accounts. March I purchased another standard and I also got a standard in June when Mischief went live for the Dragons Hoard. That leaves 1 account with no CoV on it.

Depending on the sale this year I may upgrade 1 account and purchase a standard on the account that is missing it or just wait to see what the next expansion has in store.
  12. Alnitak Augur

Stop being a demagogue. Without purchase of new expansion characters of your account are limited to already owned zones, quests etc. Hence - limited gameplay. Freedom of location limit is a limit, same as a limit on assigned AA's, or limit to non-prestige gear based on account subscription level.

And when you compare 4-wheel drive SUV compare Subaru Ouback for $34K and BMW X7 M50i for $99K. And see how much compassion you can get from people, when you start crying about overpriced BMW and their refusal to give you 50% discount instead of current promotion of 25%.
    Do you know what most people will tell you ? Riiiight, something including self-fornication.
    If you can't afford luxury SUV, then buy base-level SUV. Outback is a wonderful car, which will reliably take you from poin A to point B, while playing music and keeping nice temperature with AC or the heater. It even has heated seats.

You bring up price of Premium Edition then make it very clear to your readers. Because most would simply advise you to keep it to basic edition. Premium and Family editions are for people with financial means to buy those, entirely unnecessary for the actual gameplay, and contain luxury elements, which are being upsold to people for the purpose of subsidizing EQ revenue.
    Benito likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Funny when posters start getting personal instead of just discussing or debating the topic.

Bow before me peon journeyman! :D;)
    Coagagin likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Great analogy. I agree with these points.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.