Expac upgrades

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Schatze, May 19, 2018.

1. Schatze Journeyman

When is DB going to offer upgrades for past expacs? It would be nothing but a money maker, and people would be able to finish collections, get rewards etc. How about it? or if you aren't going to offer upgrades for $$ then open then for no $$ when you stop offering to sell it.
    Yimin likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Not everyone can have everything in the game.

The moment people start to accept this fact and instead focus on what they have (as opposed to what they cannot obtain), then people may find peace and happiness in game. Until that point I guess we are going to have threads like this...
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

The issue is that offering those past perks is a one-time, probably minor cash grab with a real cost to present and future sales. If folks believed that the pack-ins could be purchased sometime in the future a la carte, there would be far less incentive to buy upgraded "sponsor" expansions up front.
    Maedhros and oldandnasty like this.
  4. oldandnasty Augur

They could introduce a policy where they sell bonus items from 5 year old expansions. Not many who buy the upgraded expansions would likely want to wait 5 years for the items. I kind of think that the people who buy for the extra goodies have the disposable income available and wouldn't be deterred anyways.
  5. Tutankamen Augur

Yeah as someone else pointed out they don't seem that concerned with making money. There are a ton of things they could sell, put up for sale that would generate more income, which I can't imagine would be difficult to add to the market- but they just don't do it.
  6. Lianeb Augur

If they offered to sell them in the market place for original cost of getting the item I would be ok. But then people would complain that the items were to expensive.
  7. Nolrog Augur

8. Yimin Augur

I support this idea %100 it makes those new to the game happy and makes DBG money .

YiMin