Exp was changed to TOV Hero Missions? Why?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geko, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Geko Elder

Exp appears to have been changed to the TOV missions after last patch.
    The first TOV mission used to move EXP from lvl 100 to 104.XX ... now Griklor only moved a character 189% ?

I have not seen this mentioned in any patch notes, is this a bug or intended?
    Dre. likes this.
  2. tunareman New Member

Was it during a bonus when it moved you 4 levels?
  3. Allayna Augur

4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

That also explains lower XP gains for personas, too.
  5. fransisco Augur

Can we just move exp back onto mobs? Farming chests is the ultimate in not playing characters. Just sit in guild lobby and get task adds to open them.
  6. Marton Augur

Yeah, nerfs are the way to go.

:rolleyes:
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

8. Geko Elder

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea this happened. With that said, they also tuned the exp down from the tasks ( not just adding a 200% cap ).
    The character only received 189% at lvl 100.

This is a bogus change that should never have happened. I would love it if Meeko would come into this post and explain how this change was beneficial to the game in any way.
    drak12, Duder, KarmaKitty and 4 others like this.
  9. Allayna Augur

I think when they changed this they buggered the coding.

I think merc experience is stealing some of the per kill experience and the task experience. Whether or not you have a merc out.

In a PL setting currently, my level 95 characters get 0.906% per kill in Sathir's, which is roughly the %/kill I get in Howling Stones.

Mobs 15 levels higher aren't giving 1% per kill when they used to give like 3%.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  10. Laronk Augur

Vumad, Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Yinla like this.
  11. Meeko Developer(Code)

The cap for normal experience applies before most other mods, so if there is one that is a reduction instead of bonus, it can cause the gain to be less than the cap.

Additionally, the experience chat message that gives a percentage amount will show less than what you actually earned if the amount caused you to gain a level. You'd need to look at your experience bar to know for sure how much you earned.

I've shared previously how mercenary experience works and nothing has changed with that recently.
    Andarriel and KarmaKitty like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

So is the intent to slog through the 70s, 80s and mid 90s to reach 95 and get a PL and purchase experience potions...

Cause that's the vibe.
    drak12, Duder and Jack like this.
  13. Geko Elder

Thank you for jumping in here Meeko. I do appreciate it.

I do have the following questions if you dont mind?
    Why was the max experience changed to 200% per EXP Message? What requirement led to this change? I am interested to understand what benefit this change brought?
    Duder, Hobs, Ibadan Kun'Tirel and 2 others like this.
  14. Venuhm Journeyman

why? seriously, why? even from a financial standpoint its silly. It benefits DPG a lot more to not stand in the way of someone grinding to 125. This is not the EverQuest of 2005. We dont have a ton of other players grinding away with us. most people are trying to get to 121+ so THEN they can group up in current content, do missions, get gear and grind AAs. i can FTP to 120. you get nothing. I would think you want players get to the content that requires me to pay for a subscription and the latest expansion.

This is not a balance nerf. its not a quality of life change and its definitely not a smart financially motivated move, so why?
    Vumad, drak12, Hobs and 2 others like this.
  15. fransisco Augur

You know, you could just play your character? I think a better change would be that all TOV tasks lock at request, and you MUST BE IN THE ZONE THE ENTIRE TIME.
    Zero sympathy that people are mildly inconvienenced powerleveling their characters who have literally never left the guild lobby.
    NatazzEvoli and FYAD like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Meeko, Can you consider removing or increasing the AA cap per kill. Since EoK having a server bonus and Lesson running you do not get the full bonus for AAs as it is capped at 5AA. This really lowers the usefulness of having lesson when there is a server bonus active.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  17. Brickhaus Augur

You're going to have to go above Meeko to change that limit. That's been a long standing limit for xp.

Good luck though.
  18. Geko Elder

19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That maybe, but I hope he takes the request back to the team, after all if they can reduce the limit on exp, they increase the limit on AA so we get the bonus that is advertised.
  20. Meeko Developer(Code)

Keep an eye on this thread later today. :)