EXP for Overseer quests changed/bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by cadres, Oct 9, 2022.

1. cadres Augur

Since forever, the exp awarded for Overseer quests has been consistent

I recently noticed that instead of the 1% exp I've been getting for most quests, I was awarded under that amount.
    Right now I have a 'Guard the Guardian' to collect on 2 accounts
    On account 1 (lvl 106 toon) i get 0.96 and 6.72 of a merc AA;
    On acc 2 (lvl 110) I get the usual 1% exp and 28.27 of a merc AA

I know the merc AA varies by level, but I haven't noticed the same quest giving different xp on these 2 toons for ages (I think it did around lvl 85, but that was a long time ago)

Similarly, the lvl 106 acc gets 144 % for a crit on Information Migration (and others) vs the usual 150

Third acc - lvl 100 toon; exp is the same as for account 2, ie 1% on 'normal', non crit quests.

So not sure if this is a bug for one account or something else?
    (except a quest yesterday on acc 2 gave 0.96, which I noticed as was waiting to ding)
    tanith likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

AA set to 0% on both accounts?

Was it a 12 hour or a 6 hour?

Is fellowship sharing turned on for one of the characters?

Might be a rounding error where some value is being truncated when it tries to calculate the exp applied to the next level.
  3. cadres Augur

These are the normal 12 hr quests - comparing like with like
    None of the chars affected are in a fellowship

It's not a one-off rounding error as this has been happening for a couple of days - still happening with this morning's quests - Account 1 is still getting 0.96 exp vs the 1% it was getting until very recently and all the other accounts are getting
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are all the Overseer categories on both accounts maxed out? If one isn't quite maxed in the appropriate category, the xp reward will be less.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Yeah just thought of that too. If you are intermittently getting level 4 quests still, that would be less exp.
  6. Gialana Augur

On the reward preview, does the level 106 character see "0.96% of the experience required to go from level 106 to 107 and x% of a mercenary AA point." and the level 120 character sees 1.00%? Or do they both see 1.00% experience on the reward preview but the level 106 character is actually only getting 0.96%?

When beta first started for ToL, there were at least some quest rewards that gave a lower percentage regular experience reward than expected. A dev posted in the beta section that the rewards just hadn't yet been properly set for the new levels. This made me think that the devs might have to manually set the amount of experience rewarded per level instead of being able to set a certain percentage and forget it.
    I don't remember if this was just for collection rewards that are expected to grant 2% regular experience or if it was also for Overseer rewards. If it applies to Overseer rewards, then perhaps the level 106 experience rewards were incorrectly calculated. I don't have a level 106 character to confirm, but a level 94, 100, and 120 all saw the expected 1.00% for a level 5 common 12 hour quest (in the reward preview).
  7. cadres Augur

No - as above these are for exactly the same quests
    (and yes all accounts are maxed)
  8. cadres Augur

The former. Account 1 sees and gets the lower amount; account 2 & 3 the 'normal' amount