EXP Bonus and EXP Pot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Polpet, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If you've got one guy at 200% and one guy at 175%. Both kill 100 mobs worth 100 EXP each, the former earns 20k EXP points and the later earns 17.5k EXP points.

The former earns 14.29% more EXP than the later. I guess you could say the later earns 12.5% less EXP than the former too. Sorry I heard difference and that meant subtraction to me, didn't realize you were talking about difference of EXP earned rather than rate of EXP earned.

So in the guy's example above the 175% character earned 38% of a level and the 200% character earned 40% of a level. If the 175% character's EXP number is correct theoretically the 200% character should be 43%, but it was 40%. So either he died or was out of range for some hits or the small level up inbetween there caused some issues in the calculation.
  2. JustAQuestion Elder

@Zinth,
    If you would only takes the boni it would be 75/100 = 25, that was my thought, so I assumed the gap should be 25% between both chars.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

An Sk and a Pally. Really?
  4. Zinth Augur

yeah but that is not how the game works ;-) it includes the base exp at 100% which CAN be lower or larger for some servers, I believe FV and Test are both running at 150% base and actually Phinny is <100% but how much we don't know but compared to live I would guess around 50-60% which means the boni for using a potion is even less since it is still additive.

lets say Phinny is only running 60% + 50% bonus + 25% potion = 135% total exp (compared to live) and a 50% potion would be running at 160% total exp making the gap between the two even less