Exempt Account Change?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lolthorn, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Greetings! My original EQ account was flagged exempt years ago due to my service in the Guide program. This was supposed to be an exempt for life account, and it has been until this month. I only have 2 days left before my account expires. Why did this change? Is there a way to get my account flagged as exempt once again since it has been for the past at least 10 years?
  2. Fendy Augur

It was my understanding that the free flagging was for the time one worked in the guide program. Not a free for life flagging. If you find a link that says it's specifically for life then I want my free flag back too!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

I did a lot of work when the program first went live. I don't have a website or anything to link to this. I was told via email that as a thanks for everything I did my account was to remain exempt even after leaving the program. Before you ask, no I do not have that email anymore. That was over 10 years ago. I haven't been a guide in 10+ years and I just find it odd that all of the sudden I no longer have what was awarded to me and I would appreciate having it back.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Wow, you haven't paid a penny for work you did over 10 years ago! I certainly wouldn't complain.
  5. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

For one of my 5 accounts. So its not like I am playing totally for free. Just 1/5th free :p
    Ghubuk likes this.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

If you were looking at your account info online, that 2 days are the 2 days SOE tacked on the end of a players subscription when they had that DNS issue (wasn't it) where most players could not log in for approx 2 days. Does it show the expiration date? Check it again in 3 days to see if your account has actually expired.
  7. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Does anyone know anything about this issue, or is anyone else running into this? Does DBG even read this forum anymore?
  8. Yaladorn Journeyman

The guide program free accounts now seem to have a 10 or 15 day "time remaining" count, and when it gets to 0 it resets back up to 10 or 15 days (can't remember the number). Unless something has changed, it shouldn't actually expire and the account go silver/FTP.
  9. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

My timer got down to 0 then the account expired. It is now flagged as Silver :( If DBG doesn't read / post to this forum, why did they not get rid of it when they did the great forum purge earlier this year?
  10. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

My old guide account ran out yesterday too, no big deal. I figured it was an error in judgment to make them free that long and was a difficult issue to fix so they just left it alone.
    I know that right before I left the program they switched over to giving out subscription codes (3 month code i think) instead of exempt accounts.
    You're just gonna have to start paying again (as will I), I don't think the account was ever meant to be free forever.
  11. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Except for the fact I was told that I was being awarded an exempt account for life due to my long service with the guide program from back when it first started. I wish I would have kept the email but after a couple of years of my account being exempt I deleted it. That was probably 8 or so years ago so there is no recovering it at this point. :(
  12. Durew Journeyman

I received this message from the Daybreak Customer Service Manager, Scott Dale, regarding Exempt accounts, this should answer it for everyone who was wondering like myself:

13. Jaylin Augur

The company that offered the deal isnt the company that owns this game anymore. I'm surprised they didnt drop that right away. For life was true, the game may still be running, but a new lifestarted when another company took it over.