Excellent Idea for Blue servers and Zek!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kiriath, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Kiriath New Member

Give Zek a free transfer off server.

Keep Zek up and a PVP server.

Here's the catch...

Allow all normal blue servers that are opened to the same level and content as Zek, to use the guild hall portal to travel to Zek. Make a guild hall portal crystal that says Zek or something, which takes that character to Zek free of charge. Also create a potion that can be obtained easily from a vendor for cheap that returns you to your actual server when you choose, a "Return Home" potion or something.

Zek is a ghost town, and blue players would have a huge opportunity at getting camps that have been clear for days, weeks, and months! There are many camp spots especially in new expansion content that are always taken. This would give the PVP fan base a increased chance and population for PVP. As blue players can come and go as they see fit or are willing to risk for a particular camp they want which isn't available at that time on their home server.

Allow the PVP kill messages to run cross server, and place an option for those who do not want to see it, to turn it off.

As far as hacking in PVP, please crack down hard on it. Let everyone know they will not get a 2nd chance and any/all who hack will be insta banned permanently no questions asked, no suspensions, just BANS!

They say you can't make everyone happen all of the time. Well this is a time you can make both blue and red server players pretty happy.
    Yimin and Danax like this.
  2. sintikx New Member

Sounds like a great idea for zek.
  3. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Or maybe just a /zekpvpcopy. Kinda like test or beta
  4. Bigfan Augur

Best solution, just close down zek and remove all the toxic players?
    Calinae likes this.
  5. Pootle Elder

I grew up on VZ (pvp) server. Left when the PvP Server Merge happened.

While this 'might' be good for the game I think it heavily favors PvP players.

It just feeds unprepared Blue players to Red players on Zek
    It allows Red players to skip back to Blue server when they want to do something without the bother of PvP.

Also, not completely sure how transferring characters works, but I understand DB get a $$$ from it, when people want to cross server sell chase loot. This removes that, which result in lost revenue for DB (probably not much, but everything that is keeping EQ alive is good right)
  6. Kiriath New Member

It heavily favors everyone.
    1. Blue players do not have to go to Zek at all to camp gear.
    2. Blue servers would gain raiders that would have quit and caused a profit loss for Daybreak.

Concerning character transfers for just trading chase loot, there is no doubt there is more money to be made by keeping what Zek population is left that still wants to raid and PVP. And almost all of Zek's population have multiple accounts.

Also, people would only be able to travel to Zek and back to their original server for free.

Not counting random players on Zek, the two 105 guilds on Zek commonly had 20-40+ actual people in each of them. That's going to be more profit than what is made from 2 people buying 2 tokens back to their server on random occasions. Do I even have to mention at what Zek population this would bring back?
  7. smash Augur

Correct me if i am wrong.

You in effect want a free system so people can give items from 1 server to another. Which include FV.
  8. Kiriath New Member

FV simply would not be included due to it's rule set.
  9. Tutankamen Augur

Zek is 100% dead there is no reason to play there- they could do transfers off to another server and if you want PVP you can just do it in the arena. Or just pay for the transfer now to FV- that server is very much alive.
  10. Yimin Augur

Arena and PVP server are very different , there is no thrill of hunting another person or being hunted :)

I love the OP its a great idea and I support it 100 percent ......

Yimin