Evolving weapons question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tuffer, Sep 1, 2017.

1. tuffer Journeyman

To level an evolving weapon, like heor'otor, do you just have to be in a group for xp, or does that character actually have to do damage to each individual mob ? also does said character have to be getting normal xp, or does aa xp count as well
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am not sure about having to actively kill stuff to get xp; however, I do know that you can be 100% AA and still level your item up.
  3. Wuddane Elder

As long as you are getting experience, the item will level. You don't have to attack each individual mob. And as stated, it doesn't matter if it is regular/aa exp. Evolving items gain experience based off the /con system, and how many people are in group. It is a flat rate, not modified by ZEM, potions etc.

Experience gain for evolving items:

Grey cons at all group sizes yield 0 points of item exp.

Solo
    Green: 20
    Light Blue: 30
    Dark Blue: 71
    White: 111
    Yellow: 120
    Red: 131

Duo
    Green: 12
    Light Blue: 18
    Dark Blue: 42
    White: 66
    Yellow: 72
    Red: 84

Trio
    Green: 9
    Light Blue: 14
    Dark Blue: 33
    White: 53
    Yellow: 57
    Red: 66

Four People
    Green: 8
    Light Blue: 12
    Dark Blue: 29
    White: 45
    Yellow: 48
    Red: 57

Five or Six People
    Green: 8
    Light Blue: 11
    Dark Blue: 26
    White: 41
    Yellow: 44
    Red: 51
  4. Questoften32 Augur

This is new, where do you get them. My guess is high level only of course. Gods forbid, one should get one for there journey and actually have fun with it.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

Evolving items started with level 70 content. There are a few in the more recent levels but they are much different than older ones and generally limited to 1-2 per expansion, per content type (group/raid). The level 70-85 evolving items were all fairly reasonable and could be cross-leveled in Corathus Creep through an experience transfer machine.

More recent items were designed to be more powerful, generally, than the similar level drops. Additionally these newer items didn't work in the experience transfer machine (too bad, it was such a great idea).
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Not new. AFAIK items that evolve via xp have been an experiment a fair amount of time ago. Namely, look up the Heor'Otor. Raid item from SoF, req lvl 80, in highest evolved form is a 68/24 with +800hp class and a 150 dd proc. By lvl 90, if you ran some HAs, you can buy a much better weapon for 320 marks
    (75/22, 1500hp class, 250dd proc)

A real easy evolving get is sword of brells ire from Lvl 85 merchant in EWK for about 260 marks.
  7. Pootle Elder

'Chill Wins-ton'

I seem to remember them being the big 'wow factor/innovation' for the Depths of Darkhollow expansion.
    They were pretty cool, and easily gotten hold of these days.