EverQuest Won't Display Characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sancus, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Sancus Augur

So I tried to log into EQ Live this afternoon, and it listed no characters on my account. After getting past the initial shock (seeing no characters is quite terrifying), I realized that my particular EQ install was showing no characters on any server on any of my accounts.

I tried booting up my other EQ Live install, and it displays all of my characters normally.

So somehow my main EQ Live install is unable to see characters. I've tried validating game files, but doing so didn't help. Any suggestions?

Edit: Deleting eqgame.exe and repatching fixed it.
    Tacoheals likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Seems like this is happening here and there today. One person was able to get all char back by logging off everything Eq and restarting computer, another just let the log in page sit for about 5 minutes and chars finally showed up just fine. Now servers are down. So I think something is going on.
  3. Kia- Journeyman

Actually this happened with a couple of my accounts too. I just sat and they reappeared without any relogging or patching anything. It just a few minutes. It WAS terrifying to see that initially!