EverQuest Trivia #598

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mary Poppins, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes.

Ironically, my wife and I were just watching a video compiling WoF highlights (or lowlights) last night.
  2. Dreadmore Augur

You should check highlights too. They're also fun. I saw this one the other night full of impossible guesses. But that "a group of pill pushers" one is a classic, too.

Does the answer have at least five words in it?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

I like the one with the three dudes that couldn't pronounce it right - they each had like two chances at it before one of them finally got it. However, I'm ashamed to admit it, but my favorite one was the inappropriate one. Not because it was inappropriate, but the way it was delivered in the video: the guy asks for a letter and the crowd goes dead silent, and I'm like "what's wrong with that?" Then the video cuts to the board and I'm just... "wtf, dude". Pat Sajak's response at the end was too much for me - I had to pause the video and put my phone down for a minute.

To answer your question, yes. As I would write it, it contains exactly 5 words. Could be misleading because some people would use only 4 words.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

Is it a specific place inside a zone?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  5. Mary Poppins Augur

No.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

Summary

Yes:
    • Is the answer less than 40 characters?
    • Is it between 21 and 30 characters, inclusive?
    • Does the answer have at least four words in it?
    • Does the answer have at least five words in it? (as I would write it, there are 5 words - some people might only use 4 words)

No:
    • Phallic in... blablabla?
    • Is it an item?
    • Does the answer start with the letter M?
    • Are there less than 20 characters in the answer?
    • Is it a playable character?
    • Is it an NPC?
    • Is it a place? (slightly misleading)
    • Is it a specific place inside a zone?

Other:
    • Dread is a jerk for making me think so much.
  7. Verily Tjark Augur

Is it a continent?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Eggolas Augur

Is it an event, quest or part of a progression?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  10. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes, it's one of those things.
  11. Eggolas Augur

Is it part of a progression?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

Is it a quest?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  13. Dreadmore Augur

Haha, the Kelly Ripa one, yeah? That was such a shame, but oh man, I was sadcringing throughout the whole thing.

I dunno about that second one, the innappropriate one (I assume the one about clams and the backdrop was the golden state bridge). It seemed a little fake.... the duration of the silence was too comedic, not to mention the silence itself being so stark; the audience too silent. You know an audience full of people wouldn't be silent like that. There'd be some gasps and ooohs.

But anyway... are exactly two words in the article not nouns? For example, The blah blah of blah?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  14. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  15. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  16. Mary Poppins Augur

You're right about it being a little too comedic. I kinda hope it is fake, because otherwise that's pretty messed up.

As for your question, as worded... no. You have the right idea with your example, but there are more than two non-nouns the way I would write it. And I'm not sure what you mean by "article".
  17. Verily Tjark Augur

Is it a seasonal event?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  18. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  19. Eggolas Augur

Is it a Guide event?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  20. Mary Poppins Augur

No, but this answer is highly misleading.

It was not a GUIDE event, but it was definitely something along those lines.