EverQuest Producer’s Letter July 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jul 6, 2023.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its seems they play the shell game with info releases. Like we have to guess which outlet was used. Sometimes twitter shows up on the right of the forums, right now facebook has a post that is one hour old (shocking) and does anyone still use Instagram?

But I would like to know what all these "new" quests are that are always mentioned but are really just the same ones as last year. So is this like when my dad promised me a "new" car for my birthday and gave me a car that was "new" to me but not "new" that year?
    Hobs and Yinla like this.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The Twitter API was removed from the forums as Twitters new policy rendered it inoperable. As for the updates to the socials, they all occurred at the same time as the posting of the Producer's Letter to the homepage which was at noon Pacific Time.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

twitter.com still has javascript on these forums. I recommend you ask the web person at Daybreak to remove that if it is not being used, as it is unnecessary and a (slight) performance penalty and (slight) security risk.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In that case can we get rid of the dead space on the right hand side of the forums please.
  5. Goofydoofy Journeyman

I think Daybreak has done a great job keeping an ancient graphic game alive after all these years, after all the company changes, after all the cheating. You can't keep everyone happy all the time. If they did nothing all the time, maybe we'd have a reason to complain. But they are trying. To fix old stuff, new stuff, adding new events, coming out with new expansions. If I was to leave the game, it wouldn't be because of the lack of the company trying to improve things. It would be the lack of people to group with now that everyone has 50 box toons, and they do everything themselves. But I still raid, and I still associate with people I've known in this game for 20 years or so and some keep coming back after leaving. If I thought this game was just too messed up to play and nobody cared, I'd have deleted my account after the first day. Some improvements can't be made without changing other things first or having to rewrite the whole game. Either you want to be playing Everquest or you don't. If there is a problem, post a bug report. Otherwise, there is no point in complaining every time a company member posts something.
    questor56, Hobs, minimind and 2 others like this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That's actually not true. If you do not cap your fps to 30, EverQuest can run very hot on a computer with top end hard ware.
    Allayna and Nennius like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Partial derail coming. What are you folks setting your max FPS at? And the same question about background FPS. My system isn't the newest and/or latest but it doesn't suck. Should I set them at 30 or so? I had them at unlimited and my system did run a bit warm.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Long time competitive benchmark overclocker here/ What top end hardware are you inferring runs hot playing EQ at 30+ fps???
    minimind and Metanis like this.
  9. Febb Augur

What is the brand and model of the video card that is running hot in Everquest? Also what are the graphical settings being used? I run 3 clients on a laptop at 60fps and the GPU temp never gets above 75 degrees Celsius. I'm not using any 3rd party programs either.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thread derailed. :(

I 9-box @ 4k on dual 4k displays. GPU being pushed here for sure. With 15 Chrome tabs open, WaveLink, Corsair iCue, GINA, EQLogParser, Discord, and InnerSpace running CPU is around 24% utilized. Basically idle.

Max FPS set to 75. Everything except shadows and dynamic lighting turned on (because I prefer them off). In most situations all EQ instances are at or around 75FPS. GGH and Lobby things suffer a bit, mostly due to the game engine.

Temps:
    GPU: 58C
    CPU: 68C

[IMG]
    Hobs likes this.
  11. Ecidew Journeyman

in the voice of Yoda: .. Play or Not Play .. Do Not Whine !!
  12. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

"Play or play not, Do not whine". A bit more Yoda-like I think. But I agree with the sentiment.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. GypsyJim New Member

One thing I would like to see on a TLP server and I am sure others will agree. Recreation of the original game. Bring back old Freeport, allow any NPC to be attacked including merchants, undo all the aggro changes made to zones like Blackburrow where mobs so many levels above or below you run at 50% health. Break all those things again with later expansions but allow it back for old time's sake.
    Hobs likes this.
  14. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

Corpse runs, getting trapped in dev boxes, falling thru the geometry, getting bumped off of boats at zone lines, boats getting stuck over try land. I miss the old days too. :)
    questor56 and Hobs like this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you all aware that we now see Brad's death notice from 2019 on the twitter feed on the side of the forums? Sometimes. It comes and goes over the last week.
    Hobs likes this.
  16. Stymie Pendragon

A mobile version of this website would be truly appreciated, as well as having the side effect of making the game look more inline with most everything else of the internet over the last 20 or so years. I have to use my IPhone in landscape mode to even be able to read the text here because it’s so tiny. Has no one at Daybreak noticed this over the years?

Edit: Ultima Online predates this game and they have a mobile friendly website.
    Nennius likes this.