EverQuest Producer’s Letter April 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Getting Deathtouched by Fippy would be hilarious.
    Magneress likes this.
  2. Aiona Augur

I don't disagree!

A lot of games are starting to reward players for participating in a fight, even if their group isn't the one who initiated it. And everyone gets rewarded, based on contribution, or they simply get drops in addition to full EXP. (Wouldn't it be nice to get flag drops if all you had to do was tag a mob? Damn, flagging would be fun again, even!).

No problem with that here. MMORPG's are meant to be played together and help fellow adventurer's have a good time. Not grief each other and screw over the other guy ...I mean, PvP servers exist for those who like to hate and grief on each other, and there's a reason why every single one of those servers don't do nearly as well in this genre of MMO's.
    Magneress, Nessirfiti and Zrender like this.
  3. Twizle Lorekeeper

i like how this comment likely took 5 minutes of thought and is already a better concept than what dbg has come up with ... hopefully they change it to this
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  4. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Apparently in live WoW servers, players each get their own loot drops on kills now. There's no rolls or Need/Greed. Everyone has a private loot table. Even in raids.
    Magneress and Aiona like this.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

Then wouldn't the better solution, be that the encounter locks, but like FFXIV outside groups can still aggro it, but the first person to aggro gets credit?
    I'd still like it to be a toggle, but that seems way less annoying than what they're proposing now.
    I'm super good at reading. Leaving this up, I refuse to hide my shame.
    Aiona likes this.
  6. Noxious New Member

PLEASE make us another server with no experiments then. If this is your idea of an experiment, just don't change anything at all. Mischief was the first time in 20 years I felt that old spark again and I was super excited to maybe get to try another TLP. I don't want to quit Evercrack, it feels so good! :)
    D4 it is and Kunfo like this.
  7. Atrocity Journeyman

They took this away because it was producing too much loot, funnily enough.
    Aiona likes this.
  8. Wordor Journeyman

Wow, this is extremely disappointing...

it's basically a clone server of previous TLP's with added passive exp/faction bonus? and the exp bonus only kicks in after you've reached max lvl on a character.

So experimental....
  9. Aiona Augur

This would make raiding infinitely easier for those assigning lot loot, right?! Haha.

I think personal loot on raids would be a hard sell in EQ, even I admit that.

It would help modernize the game, but it's... a drastic change. For the better? We'll see what the future holds.
  10. Sanduleak Journeyman

I'm super happy about the exp bonus system, although I think it could start at 20% instead of 10% for your first alt character. This should have been standard in MMORPGs since the mid-2000s, or earlier. Having players play more characters increases retention. Even the big dogs, like WoW, have finally accepted this fact. Alts are not super viable in Dragonflight.

I'd also like some clarity from players/devs about raid keying. Does the loot/exp increases help with that at all? Because raiding in some of those post-classic expansions was a nightmare chore at times on one character, let alone on alts.
  11. Zrender Augur

You said you don't want to quit so I assume you are playing on mischief. Why not just continue on Mischief? Cannibalizing mischief and thornblade is not going to increase the overall player count or help the game in any way besides a few extra bag sales. The free trade enthusiasts that are not subbed and were waiting for the announcement will likely return now to mischief/thornblade because it's now confirmed that those servers have a new lease on life.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

It would be nice if encounter lock also means that an outside group cannot get agro through any other means as well. That way other groups cant be trained, and also that I can use my bard ae regen song without worry that it will hit a nearby group and put their mobs on my agro list.

The letter doesnt specify this but it seems logical that if the outside group is locked out of the mob the mob should not be able to agro them.
  13. Wordor Journeyman

also, the only major change on this server is the engagement rules....guild that batphones best wins. no longer a dps race. what a lame ruleset
    Kunfo likes this.
  14. Wyxx999 New Member

• Add Free Trade!!!
    • I like the encounter locking in terms of making power levelling more difficult, but not in terms of griefers being able to lock down spawns, especially epic pieces.
    • Possibly make the loot lock to the group or raid that the encounter locks to so they can't sell loot rights.
  15. Brazy Augur

Please add Free-Trade!
    Kunfo, jordune, Tenne and 2 others like this.
  16. Dmitry Elder

Thank you SO MUCH!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Magneress Augur

This is the future. At the launch of EQ the tech just wasn't there. The timetables weren't. Asherons Call did this successfully and it was one of the best components of the game.

As for loot just let everyone in lvl range who can use the loot roll on it regardless of group.
    Zrender likes this.
  18. Rezador New Member

I'm simply reiterating a combination of messages previous users have posted, but is there not anything else that can be done to make the server unique and alluring without disrupting other server populations? I mean, 125% increase in loot at Kunark? Why at Kunark? Why only 125%? Could free trade or randomized loot be implemented? It doesn't have to be the same thing as Mischief, but anything to make the game a bit more exciting and/or different. This is simply a rehash of old TLPs with a sprinkle of difference. As someone who is a TLP subscriber, this ruleset doesn't get myself or my friends likely to hop back on the TLP bandwagon.

I feel like all of the messages on here will likely fall on deaf ears, but in a sea of complaints from various subscribers, I hope it makes a difference somehow...
  19. Rainbowbright Journeyman

The locked encounter thing is actually really dumb if you look at how tlp max level players behave in the world. Very often groups will have 2-5 characters outside the group helping them kill things, very often this is also that one of them is the puller. You usually have the puller outside so that the puller can constantly fetch monsters during grinding/named farming while the actual group is fully stationary and contributing to killing the monster. This really ruins that setup which is very prevalent in the Seeds+ TLP environment.
    Also nobody has said if there are agents of change on this tlp, if there aren't agents of change, this is a serious bad server lol.
    Doze and Kunfo like this.
  20. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Since my first tongue in cheek response was erased, for hurting the feels.

FTE kills the ability to help or hinder other groups. This removes any sense of open world immersion. "Reset" boss casually wanders past your group and ignores you until you engage it post reset. How is this EQ?

Xp bonuses for alts is generally useless on a TLP as this game encourages Boxing, not alts. I don't like to Box, but I like leveling useless alts even less. If you added the ability to spend a Krono to move your alt to a different account, That would be a winner.

The rest of the bonuses are fine. Lackluster, safe, but fine.

No Zerker or Beastlord available at launch means you failed.

[IMG]
    KobalWR and Kunfo like this.